Sunday, July 01, 2007

A Few Shout Outs


Sad as it is, here's my glorious picture of my first garden produced strawberry! Now mind you, if I was a talented photographer (aka, Cristy...if you want some true talent, you need to check out her blog) this would be a beautiful, well-lit, well-documented picture but we'll have to settle for this blurry one. Who knew I could grow anything? I've had 2 tomato plants bite the dust and my thumb is not even remotely green. So let's celebrate my tiny baby of a strawberry.
Another well deserved shout out goes to Evan for an awesome birthday. A yummy Italian dinner and a surprise manicure and pedicure. He did awesome and made me feel like a birthday queen. I love you babe!
And last but definitely not least - a shout out to Chanel and Kristen for turning another "mother" birthday into a special day. Kids don't seem to care that it's your day. There's still diapers to change, mouths (in my case, one mouth) to feed, etc. Chanel showed up on my doorstep with breakfast (can you believe breakfast??) and then hosted a lunch with Kristen (who made a to-die-for cake). Nothing like some good ol' fashioned girl talk.
PS - for the devoted grandparents and aunts out there, some pictures of Colton to follow as soon as I get my hands on some high speed. I can't imagine that you'd rather see pics of Colt as opposed to this gorgeous strawberry. :)

5 comments:

Cristy said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! Yay for 26!!! Wish I could have come over for some girl talk too! The phone will have to suffice for now though.... :( Boo!

As for that one glorious strawberry, YAY! Last year was my first attempt to grow anything (seriously, I even kill plants that are plastic...) and I only did it because my Mother-in-law gave me tomato plants, which I promptly killed... so feeling guilty I ran out and bought some larger looking plants and planted those so nobody would notice.... he he he... somehow those survived. I've learned now that the key to success with plants is water.... you have to water them, everyday! Who knew? :)

pam carleton said...

becca anne, i am so proud of your emerging green thumb and your first strawberry,however the picture doesn't hold a candle to any and all pictures or videos sent my way of my adorable grandson. so i'm waiting... kudos to evan for making your birthday so enjoyable and spontaneous. he's a keeper. glad your girlfriends made it a no cook day for you. i love you to pieces!!!

Ladybug said...

Happy Birthday!! So sorry I missed it! Way to go on the strawberry. I don't care how small it is-- it's alive. All my plants end up in rehab (aka Grandma's kitchen). They start out normal but within a few weeks they are spindly and sad. One of these days I'll take a picture of my confused pink polka-dot plant. The poor thing has a split personality. It's terrific that you actually grew something edible!
Miss you and can't wait to see you in September!!

Ryan said...

YAY! Strawberry!!!!! I ment to ask you today HOW they grow, b/c I got leaves like crazy on my S plant, but no berries???? You're so lucky! How did it taste???

Ok I LOVE your mom's comment (I love your mom period!)

Glad your birthday was so special- you deserve it!!!

Ryan said...

girl you have HIGH SPEED now- I WANT NEW BLOGS!!!!