Thursday, March 08, 2012

What we've been up to

Delaney crawling. Here she is thinking about it. Really seriously thinking about it.

Enjoying the snow or what little snow we've had. It's been an amazingly mild winter and I have to stop myself from shedding a tear or two of joy if I think about it too long.

Eating out. Nothing new here but apparently Delaney is overcome with excitement.
Heading into the city for a fun date night with friends. Ate some yummy Thai and hit up a Broadway show. Though if you must know, not my favorite. Pretty much the opposite. One of the actor's voices had me twitching and there was a little too much dramatic romance/washing men out of girls' hair. But hey, the tickets were cheap, the food great, and the company even better.
Last but certainly not least, my good friend/old roomie/fellow EFY counselor came to town! Haley even brought her sweet baby who is only a couple of weeks older than Delaney. Here are Camilla and Delaney sizing each other up...
And before you know it, bosom buddies!
Evan watched the four kiddos for us (not for the faint of heart) so Haley and I could head out for a night in downtown Naperville (which is very near and dear to my heart). We did what we do best...ate some yummy food and chatted like it was going out of style. We came home to all four kids fed, in their pajamas, and what's more, not one kid was crying. Yay Evan! So great to see Haley and hang out like the good ole days. Well almost like the good ole days. Pretty sure we were in bed by 10:30 every night. And I'm also pretty sure that never happened once when we were roomies.
Up next...our trip to Cali where there was sun, more sun and even a dusting off of my beloved flip flops!

6 comments:

Ashley said...

I want to eat Delaney - that pic of her smiling - it kinda makes me want to tear up because I miss her, and Cade, and Colton.

And why did I not know you went and saw South Pacific? Remember when we used to be sisters?

:)

Also - you are rocking your bangs. And you look SO much like mom in that pic.

You should call me again. I have a feeling you're asleep or else I'd call you now. I'm stranded at home with no car tomorrow and won't be running outside either ;)

Lovies.

chanel said...

where do i begin???????? first of all THANK YOU ASHLEY! BANGS!!!!!!! I was looking at your picture and trying to figure out what was different?!? WOW! You look AMAZING! You are seriously so GORGEOUS! AND stylish! I think you need to come visit ol' CO and fix me up- Im seriously lacking in BOTH those departments. Not to mention having FUN COOL dates! How did we NEVER double date when you were here?!?!
You're killin me with your review of the show though. I LOVE YOU!

And finally. Delaney. Ummmmm, how do I say this without offending my own children?..... SHE IS THE CUTEST BABY IN THE WORLD! Seeing as how I ahve three daughters I really shouldn't be jealous of you, but I AM! I WANT DELANEY!!!! I realize that if you die I am pretty far down on the list of who gets to have her, but I NEED to be on the list, Im just saying. She's a looker like her mama, and just as darling and sweet as her brothers, you really do want to gobble them up!!!Maybe it has been too long since we talked cause this comment is FOREVER! My mom leaves today, so I'll be calling tomorrow!!!

Genevre said...

I love reading your post and seeing what is going on with y'all. Delaney is so cute, and look at you and Evan going out on the town!! Sounds like so much fun, I need to get more often.
Your post has put a very annoying song in my head though...(you know the one...)
And I am so excited to see the photos from CA- especially the one of you in the ocean (gasp)swimming....come on you have to do it sometime!!!

Shirley said...

Hey Rebecca this is Julia your sister-in-law. I have tried to get access to your blog but I seem to have lost the invite. would you mind sending me an invitation again and then I can follow you properly from my blog? I am so tickled about those pictures and how adorable the kids are!

tracie said...

I'm so glad that Connor has a fellow thumb sucker friend! I'm sure everyone tells you how cute it is that she sucks her thumb. All I can say is that hopefully it stops before they both turn 30! :)

The Piersons said...

Loving the bangs, those were not there when I was there. They look really great. Reading this post made me miss you guys...a lot. I had so much fun on that trip. I still talk about it. Can't wait to read your Cali post. You need to make sure and include all sorts of details on how you survived the flight!