Sunday, December 30, 2012

Date Night!

As Colton gets older, he's starting to get pretty opinionated on how he wants to spend his birthday.  Much to Evan's chagrin he's learning how to milk it, if you will.  I have no idea where he is learning this behavior from.  No idea.  Lucky for me, to celebrate his 7th birthday, he was pretty emphatic that he wanted to go on a date with yours truly.  I was more than thrilled to accommodate his request since I know the days are numbered that he's going to want to be seen with me in public, especially on a Friday night.  Pretty sure for his sweet 16 he's not going to be begging for a date with dear old mom.  I was also loving the fact that he chose me to go on a date with since my eldest worships the ground his father walks on.  Even when I was the sole source of nutrition for this kid, he still preferred the arms of his father.  So yay for our date!  Colton started out his birthday with a date to Taco Bell and Toys R Us with his Nana before she headed off to the airport.  When I got home from dropping her off, we headed to the bowling alley.
 
  
We had a good time, especially Colton, since he proceeded to beat me and this boy does love to win. 
Then it was off to Red Robin, which included some singing and a hot fudge sundae which Colt was gracious enough to share.
Finally, we were headed home to the rest of the fam, some carrot cake, and presents.
I love Cade's face here.  These boys can fight like nobody's business so I'm all for catching a little adoration here and there.  Happy birthday to my seven year old boy!  Colt is sweet, sensitive, a hard worker, a great date and a good example to his brother and sister.  We love him something fierce.

2 comments:

chanel said...

This is precious!! I hope B will be like Colton!! HOW AWESOME! Happy Birthday to him!! (Lauren will be getting baptized on his birthday this year!) (AND if you still lived here they could have gotten baptized TOGETHER!!! Im crying over the missed opportunities!! The pictures of them in their white jumpsuits- your dad speaking at the baptism- like I how I just made that assumption- and all the FOOD afterwards) Now I am going to cry!!

Ladybug said...

Love it! Mother & son day o fun! Such yummy food too. Can't wait to see him at the mini reunion coming up. And the pic of Cade w/ Colt is priceless. Such a stolen moment of sibling peace. :)