Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Our new arrival is here!

Let it be written now that I am madly, deeply, irrevocably in love.  And honestly with a face like this one how can I not be??
Our sweet baby boy (and heaven help me, let's go ahead and emphasize the word sweet) joined our family on December 6th at 12:54 pm.  He weighed in at 8 lbs, 2 oz and honestly I can't remember how long he was.  But really, no one remembers the length right??
Because of Delaney's size and how quickly her labor went, my doctor was totally on board with inducing me a week early.  And by the looks of that belly, we all know I was ready for induction as well.  How is it possible I can look so huge yet this baby was a full TWO pounds lighter than Delaney??  This is me all nice and comfy, pre contractions and subsequent epidural.  I was feeling ready to go and more than excited to meet my new baby.  Enter my nurse who had graduated and been working for a mere four weeks and let's not sugar coat things.  She and I ... we struggled.  I will never underestimate the value of a good nurse ever again.  Ever.  Let's just say that the icing on the cake was when my blood pressure crashed after my epidural and as I'm telling her I'm going to pass out and/or toss my cookies, she tells me that this has never happened to her before and she's not quite sure what to do.  Well sweetie, press the call button, because my medical training begins and ends with Grey's Anatomy and I'm not sure I can be of much help.  Luckily for me she did page another nurse and once we got my blood pressure under control and my epidural turned off, I informed the nurse that I was pretty sure it was go time.  Fast forward to me working very hard to not push for forty five minutes waiting for her to page my doctor.  There were a few moments where I figured either she or Evan was going to catch this baby, but luckily for all involved (mostly Evan) my awesome doc showed up and we had ourselves a beautiful baby boy!
After one push too!  Here he is and I must say from the second I saw him I was wondering how I ever lived in this world without him. 
No, really.  How did I?  He has been so mellow and sweet and just a bucket of love.  The best part?  He loves his mama.  And trust me when I say, the feeling is more than mutual.
Oh and a name!  Bless my heart, coming up with and agreeing on a third boy's name...especially when top on Evan's list was Newt (as in Gingrich? what the??)...was akin to torture.  By the end of our stay when all hospital personnel had given up on us getting it together and naming our little guy, we pulled it together and settled on Tucker Carleton Jones.  There is something about this sweet boy and his two killer dimples that made the name Tucker seem just right.
My mom was able to be in the delivery room for Tucker's birth (a big thank you to Katie for watching Delaney!) but after he was here my mom went and picked up the troops to come meet our newest family member.  As luck would have it, Delaney came down with a cough/cold and we had to quarantine her from coughing all over our newborn.  Stinky timing since girlfriend thinks this baby is her baby to love on and hug, aka, squeeze to death. 
And me?  I'm in what I refer to as the "newborn fog."  I'm trying to remember how to function on no more than 3-4 hours of sleep strung together here and there and oh yeah!  How about the three other little people who need/want my attention or at the very least, to be fed.  Let's throw in there that it's Christmas (and I'm guessing that my peeps want a present or two) and that Colton turns eight and gets baptized on the 28th.  Luckily for me, my mom has been here keeping me sane.  When she leaves on Friday, all bets are off.  Four kids might just send me over the edge.
But then I see this little guy and it is all worth it.  No sleep, sore as all get out, and feeling like I can't possibly be a good mom to all of these little people and I wouldn't trade one single bit of it.  Not one bit.  We are so blessed and grateful to have Tucker here safe and sound.  I'm so glad he (and the other four people running around here) are mine.

14 comments:

Lindsey said...

So cute! I'm glad he's good to you. I think he looks like a Carleton, so the name is quite fitting.

OTR said...

So excited for you! (and for me, I finally read your blog for the first time in ages!) PS how did Colton get so big?! I miss you and your family! Love love love you!

chanel said...

This is truly your BEST post EVER! Rebecca Jones! You are IN LOVE and I can totally see why! I AM in love and Im a mere blip in his life, but he may be the cutest baby EVER born! FO REALS! You 2 make the most gorgeous children, Im so glad we'll be wandering in the wilderness with ya'll handsome devils! His name IS perfect for him, you knew (not NEWT) all along!
I could just read this over and over b/c A) You are HILARIOUS! I would have given anything to have been there to see you deal with that newbie nurse- LAME. Im so glad to hear you have some medical training after all those seasons of Grey's, I think you saved your life!
B) the pictures are gorgeous.
and C) Although it was 3 years ago, Im glad to know I wasn't the only one that felt like life went bonkers when #4 got here!
You'll make it girlfriend. You are strong!!
MERRRY CHRISTMAS!!!
LOVE YOU!!! Love EVErYONE!!

Ashley said...

Little pumpkin! Love seeing new pics of him - wish I could snuggle him right now! Hope you get some rest this week with ev-nog home - and find a pump!!!!!!!!! Or I'm calling around for you! let me know if you want mine this weekend....

All good things said...

Girl! I miss you! I am so happy for your new arrival! He is beautiful! But, no big surprise there, as you are such a beautiful family!

Merry Christmas!

Beate

RAPN! said...

Congratulations! He is absolutely adorable!

lindsay said...

So happy for you! And this post just makes me miss you. You are hilarious! You will make it with 4. We are figuring it out here :)

Katie said...

I love everything about this post! You are amazing:) And he is adorable.

Heather O said...

So I am totally slow on catching up, but Congratulations on that precious little guy! It is good to know we aren't the only ones that struggle with agreeing on names. :)

Cristy said...

I can't get enough of that sweet boy of yours! Thanks for all the pictures because oh man those newborns are so so sweet! (And eventually turn into toddlers... and then pew-adolescents!!) Wrangling 4 is no small task. Let me know if you figure it out and pass on the deets cause girl, I still don't have it figured out. XO

Melanie said...

Congratulations, he's adorable!

Rach said...

I'm so glad I remembered blogs existed today and checked them! I love all the pics and the story. Congrats, again! I completely forgot you were planning Colton's baptism on top of everything else! Some day I need to hear all about your life and how things are adjusting! :-)

Julia said...

Yay! Congrats on baby Tucker! I loved, loved, loved your writing in this post and can SOOOO relate!! I'm so happy for you to have your new baby here safe and sound..it's always a miracle, isn't it? Hope your crazy month of Christmas and baptism went smoothly..I'll be checking back for updates. :)

Jewelle said...

Wow, sorry I'm late to the party in telling you congrats but seriously...Congrats! Russ and I were talking about you guys last night and I had to come see if you had that sweet baby of yours. I hope things are going well for you now. Being a mother of four is exhausting!