Friday, February 23, 2007

Girl Scout Cookie Mania!

So I just had to blog about the elusive girl scout cookies. I cannot seem to find them ANYWHERE! Where are you girl scouts? I have my checkbook ready! Better yet, I have cash - I'll pay double! How hard is it to get my hands on some? I do have to thank my friend Kristen for bringing me over a box. I love her for it. But after eating those, one box just does not seem enough. Rumor on the street was that the girl scouts have been setting up shop right outside our local grocery store (via Chanel and Kristen - they swear they've seen them). So how sad is this ... I just strapped Colton in the car for a little drive to the grocery store. Chanel warned me to call King Soopers first to see if the girl scouts were out lest my blood pressure get too high but I ignored her good advice. I know you all can guess the end of my little story. No girl scouts. Do they see my little elantra and hide? Do they somehow sense that I quit girl scouts as a Brownie? Why did they not knock on my door? I would have been the sale of the century (and somewhere Evan's shaking his head wondering if I remember the word 'budget.') Don't worry...I'm not a quitter. I'm still on the look out. (And a note to my dear mom: I will not blog again unless it includes pictures of Colton.) I don't think she could take it.

3 comments:

Cristy said...

Ah ha ha ha.... now THAT is the Rebecca I know and love!

Now wait a second, it's girl scout cookie season? Where the heck are MINE?! Oh well, at least the Easter Candy is already on the shelves! :)

Ryan said...

word on the street is... you are soooo funny! I think they do hide when they see your elantra, what other logical explanation is there??

Ladybug said...

I loved this one! I can totally picture you out on the prowl. I finally found some here in town and bought a couple boxes. Every year they seem to have fewer and fewer cookies in the box. It's like they are drug pushers! They know I can't resist so they get away with only including 15 cookies in the box instead of the 50 they should contain. :) Well, I'm off to look for more!
Hilarious as always Rebecca. Love to read your posts.