Wednesday, May 09, 2007

The Solution

I'm a little behind in posting this but the Saturday after my whole stuck in the snow episode, we got this. Ta-da! My beautiful, slightly used, 'I can handle you snow!' car! (Why I'm acting like my car can talk I'll never know.) So it might seem that it makes no sense to buy this car with summer almost here, no snow on the ground and gas prices gouging our eyes out but the price was right (Evan would probably beg to differ here - no price was really right for him) and I'm a salesperson's dream. The dealership was willing to take more than the elantra was worth and take a couple grand off of the tucson's price, but Evan was still wanting to walk. He's packing up the diaper bag and trying to usher me out of the salesman's office (I, of course, am saying, "But I'm in love! Don't make me go!") when the guy comes back with a final offer even my stalwart hubby can't refuse. Yea! And I say this to the Colorado winters ... bring on the snow baby! Okay, okay ... give me my lovely summer months first.

4 comments:

Ryan said...

i love that you took this picture at the park! and cars talk, mine says, "you look so hot in this minivan, wow!"

chris+amber said...

Congrats! Now you won't have any more modern day pioneer adventures. It looks like a way nice car! Are you using the snow incident as an excuse to get a bigger car or is it because you'll need the room for another child soon? ;o) Or both of the above?

Cristy said...

Ooooooo..... Ahhhhhhh!!!!!

So jealous.... my car's AC just broke, $1200 to fix! So we'll just be sweating it this summer.... sigh.... someday... but then, I want a house too, so... sigh :)

Ladybug said...

Yeah!! You got a trustworthy little beauty at a great deal. Oh, and yes, cars talk and have feelings. I've named all my cars and my new one I've finally named--(drumroll please) it's Kent. Yep, as in Clark Kent because my car is really Superman in disguise.
Maybe I can help you think up a name? I think he looks something like Tonto or the Lone Ranger because he's saving the day! Yeah! So fun! And way to go Evan for working the great deal. I'm too much of a sap when it comes to salespeople. I even feel bad for really inept salespeople and sometimes I even buy things from them. Yeah, I know. Stoopid! Anyway, so glad you guys could get a great deal on a car to battle thru the Colorado blizzards with. Now watch next year be snow-free!
Love ya babe!