Monday, August 25, 2008

Some Family Fun

We've been partying around here. Lots of fun company visiting and a few weeks ago, a trip to the Six Flags here in Denver with Evan's work. I must say, I'm a trooper (how's that for tooting my own horn?) Nursing a 3 month old under a blanket in 100 degree weather. Still it was so fun - not because I rode any rides or really did anything besides try to keep my baby and I cool - but because Colton had so much fun. Isn't it funny how much fun you have when your child has fun? That might be cliche but really it's the honest to goodness truth. Here's Colt with his buddy Harlan, getting ready to ride the roller coaster. Let's keep this real and say that he certainly didn't get his daredevil genes from his mama.

Colton riding the train with his daddy. Notice how Evan barely fits in the thing.




Naptime anyone?



This pretty much sums up my day. Thanks to Robby and Amy for the ever handy squirt bottle.


Adventure #2. Evan's work hiked a "Fourteener" (Colorado speak for a mountain that's 14,000 feet high). So Evan decides that this is the perfect father/son outing. He's decided that he's going to wake our meltdown prone 2 year old up at 4:30 am and carry all 35 pounds of him up the mountain. The experienced mom in me thought, "Riiiiiiight. You have fun with that." Somehow it worked out and Colt not only behaved but had fun. How does it always work out that way? Had I taken him, guaranteed he would have been screaming the entire time.








One of our cheesy engagement pictures...but really aren't engagement pictures supposed to be cheesy?
Last but not least, Happy 4 years to the hubby. We really lived it up around here. We grabbed some Chinese take out, exchanged cards and proceeded to fall asleep watching the Olympics at 9 pm. Four years and two kids later will do that to you. We're wild that way.

16 comments:

chanel said...

WHOA! Is this really your blog??? If it weren't for the pictures I wouldn't believe it! bling bling baby.

Um the picts are soooo CUTE! Good for Ev taken picts on his hike!

And hello the engagement picture is THE BEST! "Our love is as powerful as the crashing waves", thats what your announcement said huh?
IM LAUGHING right now, so cute!

Heather O said...

Happy Anniversary, you guys really haven't changed much in 4 years. I would have thought that was a recent picture. Congratulations!

Kelley Flint said...

I just love you. Everytime I see an update on your blog, I just smile because I'm excited to see what you're up to. Sounds like you've had a fun summer. And can you believe it's been 4 years since you and Evan got married? That was a fun day.

Ashley said...

seriously, still can't believe you've been married 4 years & have 2 kids! Cade doesn't look much bigger since I last saw him, which is a very good thing! ANd colt looks like he's in heaven at Six Flags. Maybe I'm biast but I can see how that would've been so much fun to watch - and i love that you had a spray bottle mister.
Really. =). Happy August posting. Now you should work on Sept.'s. haha. Like i have room to talk!
love ya.

Maria said...

I am glad you updated your blog!! Looks like you have been busy having fun! I am glad!! And Happy Anniversary! I can't believe it has been four years! Congrats!!

Lindsey said...

Your family is so cute! You're a trooper going to Six Flags with a baby. I think I would have stayed home for that one.

Ladybug said...

Thanks for the update!! What fun to see Colton on the ride enjoying himself and Cade doing what any sane person does in 100 degrees-- sleep in the shade!!
And I'm totally rotten-- I spaced it on your anniversary-- CONGRATS!! What's 4 years? Plastic?? Here's to a few more years of sippy cups!! Oh, and Chanel is the funniest thing on the planet. I actually snorted when I read her comment about the waves. What a hoot. No wonder why you two get along so well-- you must keep each other laughing all day long!

Take care!! Love, ciege

Cristy said...

Happy Fourth anniversary! Yay! It looks like you have been super busy and having lots of fun. I"m proud of you for getting out with that newborn. It's funny, but with #1 I was shut away for a year, and then when #2 came along, I was like, Lets get going! Looks like you feel the same way! Keep smiling!

Natalie N said...

Great update, Rebecca! That's awesome that Evan took Colt on a boys day out. I can't imagine hiking a "fourteener" by myself, let alone with a 2 year old. Why is it that kids behave so well when Daddy takes them out? Hmmm...

Berly said...

Hey - I finally can look at your blog. By the way, belated congrats on your little baby. CUTE!! Love the pics!! I was also anti blogging b/c life was crazy, but I am back. YEA

Julia said...

You deserve an award for nursing a baby in that hot, hot weather. You were a trooper and looks like it paid off and it was a fun day! Love the new pics..you've got the cutest family.

Katie said...

I love it when I stop by and see you've posted again! Your whole family is picture perfect. And it looks like you've had a lot of fun this summer.

Bethany said...

While at Sea World in San Antonio, I learned that if you gotta nurse in 105 degree weather, you simply cannot use a blanket. Even though I tried to be discreet, half of Texas has probably seen more of me than they wished to.

But at least my kid didn't starve.

Happy anniversary!

The Piersons said...

Happy 4 years babe, I hate that I missed it. I mean really, don't you think the Church should allow short leaves of absences from your mission in order to see your twin get married? :)

Love the pictures, miss you lots, when, when are you going to be in Texas next? I already told Aaron we will be making a trip out there when you are there to see you guys.

chris+amber said...

CUTE blog makeover! Fun fun fun adventures for the Jones. I love that you can venture out in the summer time in CO. Chris would be deathly jealous and says this every summer..."I HATE AZ!" Your boys are so cute!

Genevre said...

Hello to the blonde that I am. I thought I commented months ago when you wrote last,but here I am number 16 comment...down so low on the list. So please update soon so I can improve my "comment score." :)