Monday, August 03, 2009

Baby Rencher


(Sorry for the blurry photo. Not surprisingly, it's the only one I took.)

Making his debut in just two short months. I CANNOT wait to love on this baby. And yes, I'm a belly toucher. Can't help myself from rubbing a pregnant belly.

Had so much fun with my ladies (though we were missing some key women who were down in Texas) in Ohio at Ashley's baby shower. Ate a lot of yummy food (of course), cracked up at Ashley's hysterical hubby Logan, and organized a a pile of baby clothes that filled Ashley's entire living room. Not exaggerating here. Ashley has some people that love her - a lot.

Speaking of - I love that I'm within driving distance of my sis. In the card I wrote to her, I told her that we've come a long way. Then I proceeded to cry when she read my card aloud. I cried - at my own card - the card I wrote. A little weird I know, but it's true. I'd consider Ashley one of my best friends which is saying something considering we used to fight all the time. Sometimes it got physical: hair pulling, hitting, punching. Like I said, a long way.

Now I'm off to take my mom to the airport. No doubt I'll cry some more. I hate it when that woman has to go home.

11 comments:

Ashley said...

Ooh - now I'm misting ;). It was SO much fun having y'all here - totally made my weekend and it went by soo fast. Ugh!

Too bad you can't see mom's around behind my whale-ish waist! And I'm loving that my skin color blends in with my khaki pants - fabulous!!!

Remember the hole in the bathroom wall? Or the foaming bathroom cleaner on your glasses and dad coming up to referee and me running to hide under my bed? Hahahahha - oh we have come a long way haven't we? I've seen you and mom so much these past couple months I'm going through withdrawals - seriously. I'm already trying to talk Logan into Labor Day weekend in Chicago- though y'all probably want a holiday weekend to yourselves for a change - hmm...Maybe I should've written an email. ;)

Ashley said...

mom's arm - ;)

chanel said...

YOU MAKE ME LAUGH AND CRY! I LOVE THAT YOU CRIED AT YOUR OWN CARD- YOU'RE SO SWEET AND FUNNY!
I LOVE LOVE LOVE YOU FOR POSTING THIS TOO AND TAKING A PICTURE! GOOOOOOOD JOB REBECCA!!!!! ;)
CAN'T WAIT FOR YOUR MAMA TO LEAVE SO I CAN HAVE YOU BACK!

chanel said...

AND I LOOOOOOOVE YOUR HAIR!!!!!!!

Julia said...

When we were little and we would fight, my mom would make us stop and say to each other, "My sister is my best friend." We hated it then, but I totally could feel the love you have for your sister...as now isn't that so true, that our sisters are our best friends?

You all look great. How fun for the Carleton gang to have another little baby boy running around. Great post.

Nolo and Lauren said...

i love that you cried at your own card... it makes me smile. love the pic of the carleton women. sounds like ya'll had a great time.

The Piersons said...

How I love the women in that picture, all three of you. And I love that you cried when she read the card, how cute are y'all!! Seriously Ashley looks so great and I really love your hair. I can't wait for Ashley's little baby too.

chris+amber said...

What a cute bunch of girls! Pregnancy suits Ashley well! I bet your dad & Adam are loving all these baby boys coming into the family! Your hair is super cute, Rebecca! I miss you!

All good things said...

So, I've been lurking on your blog--and I need to say that I am so happy that you are settling in and having a ton of visitors that love you--But, I miss having you in good ole' Colorado! :)
We made a great team-and visiting other ladies just isn't the same...
So, have a happy rest of summer--my kids are back in school already--bummer! Chat with you soon-ish!

Jordan and Jodi said...

Cute picture! I can't believe you cried at your own card...who does that? Just kidding...I'm thinking I've done that at least once in my long lifespan? I'm glad to hear your sis is your best friend even after all the years of torturing each other---gives me hope having 2 girls next to each other. I'd love for them to be great friends!

Natalie N said...

Oh you 3 gals are too much! Look at how beautiful you all are! I can't believe it's been so long since I've checked your blog!

I love that even though as sisters we have our moments growing up, everything seems to work out and we become best friends again. YAY for sisters. Loved this post!

xoxoxo