Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Our Weekend

Labor day for us included:

- Some camping. No pictures (I was too busy keeping my children out of the fire) but a fun time was definitely had by all. Oh and have we talked about how much I loathe outhouses? Evan was lucky enough to accompany me to the outhouse in the middle of the night. I even made the poor man come inside with me. I just can't summon up enough courage to go alone when it's dark outside. He was even nice enough to hold the lantern for me (but drew the line at holding my hand). Who says chivalry is dead?

- Some BYU football. Go Cougs! Such a wild, crazy and fun game to watch. I love fall and I especially love college football, more specifically BYU football.

-Hanging out at Ocean Michigan. I know some prefer to call it "Lake" Michigan but anytime you can't see land as far as the eye can see, I'll refer to it as the ocean, thank you very much. I kept having to remind myself that this was freshwater and absolutely no sharks were going to get me. I also kept asking Evan if there was any way possible that Lake Michigan connected to the ocean. Go ahead, call me paranoid. It would be an accurate description. This was the kiddos on the way home from a day spent under the sun and in the water.


9 comments:

RAPN! said...

remember lechworth??? HAHA LOL
that bathroom was great there...lights not working and all...plus the whole bat incident!

Rach said...

How is Cade sooo big?! Super cute kids...glad you had a fun weekend. We'll have to catch up soon!

Kerri said...

EEEWWW nasty outhouses...in the girls' camp days (we had latrines and only flush toilets at the pool house) I trained my body to just go once a day...Check out our campsite next time you want to go (we had a camping soiree of our own last night...on the blog) Sounds like a BLAST of a weekend! And I'm thrilled you found my most favorite place in the world: LAKE MICHIGAN!

chanel said...

holy cow!!! look at you guys rockin illinois! AND BLOGGING IT!!!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE the picts!!! we actually heard about the byu game from the pulpit! I MISS YOU!!!!!! we'll have to catch up tomorrow- vegas was actually GREAT! go figure.

Cristy said...

Awww! Those boys are so cute! LOOK AT ALL THAT BLOND HAIR!! Glad you guys are getting out and having fun.

Julia said...

Sounds like a great weekend to me!

Heathr27 said...

my nephews are so big! but adorable!!!! and me and jani laughed the whole time at your post. so you. :)

Heather O said...

Love the little cougars! Colt and Jack have matching jerseys. Also the whole Joker thing is hilarious, sorry you are the only villian.

Natalie N said...

GREAT sleeping shots of the boys! But who is that little blond boy in the pictures with Colton? ;) I'm dying over here. Both of those boys are beauties!!