Wednesday, September 09, 2009

On the Road Again

I'm pretty sure that back to back posts have never happened in the history of my blog, but for this little guy it was absolutely necessary. Tomorrow I leave to go see sweet baby Gavin, who arrived on Sunday night, a full three weeks early for my sister Ashley. Rest assured I will be picking her brain trying to figure out the secret to getting a baby to come early.

Try and tell me that those cheeks aren't completely edible. I'm already madly, truly, deeply in love with this little man and can't wait to be his favorite aunt (somewhere I hear sisters and sisters-in-law crying out in protest). More pictures to follow after a weekend spent eating my little nephew up.

Quick sidenote: somehow my beloved son Colton has taken to calling me "Joker." As in The Joker - you know - the villain from Batman? I thought it was a little phase that I could laugh off. One that would hopefully last a day? Maybe two, max. That just wasn't to be. Here are some things I've heard in our house lately:

(During prayers): "We're so grateful for the dinner Mom - I mean - the Joker made us."

"Joker, come wipe my bottom."

"I love you Joker."

And the kicker. (While bringing me a copy of Evan's The Dark Knight DVD and pointing to a beyond creepy picture of Heath Ledger): "Look Joker, it's a picture of you!"

Niiiiiice. It wouldn't be so bad if Evan wasn't affectionately being called Superman and Cade, The Hulk. How did I get stuck being the only villain in the family?

14 comments:

OTR said...

oh man! i'm rolling! i still love you!

chanel said...

its funnier and funnier every time i hear your joker stories! seriously hilarious!
ummm, why haven't we talked today??? i thought you already left? i HAVE to talk to you before you're surrounded by natural born carltons (as apposed to me the wanna be carlton) and we can't talk.
Gavin is BEAUTIFUL!!!!!! Thats why we have to talk, cause being an aunt rules!!! Im so in love with MY gavin, its HARD to not be there all the time for them!

Cristy said...

OK, how did I randomly even check your blog in two days? And you posted?!

Have fun being an Auntie! Someday I will maybe get to do that too... maybe...

And Joker, I miss you! :)

Genevre said...

SO funny! What a horrible name though, at least he uses it in sweet phrases, like the "wiping my bum" part...so endearing!

Heathr27 said...

Jani and I rolling with laughter on our couch. SO freakin hilarious! "Joker, come wipe my bottom". bahahha. Oh and sidenote...how did colt sleep comfortably in the previous post? Oh what little boys do

Lindsey said...

Congrats to Ashley. A whole three weeks early, how exciting. And Joker? Seriously, that's funny.

The Piersons said...

Oh my gosh I am so in love with Ashley's little man, he is such a cutie.

I love it, the joker, I made Aaron read it and we were both laughing. That is too cute and too funny.

Cindy Reed said...

Oh my gosh -- you make me laugh Rebecca (I mean....Joker)!! Thanks for posting -- and making my day! We miss you guys here. Hope things in IL are going good!!

Julia said...

hahaha I've been thinking about the Joker/superhero things since I read them on your blog a few days ago. That is funny..good thing to record.

Berly said...

This post made me smile...Joker. How did he come up with that? And send out a HUGE congrats to Ashley. Such a handsome little guy and I love those cheeks!!

Katie said...

Back to back? What has possessed you. I'm not complaining! I miss me some Rebs.

That is so funny he's calling you Joker. How did that start?

Natalie N said...

3 weeks early?!?! I'm totally jealous over here. No fair!! What a cute little baby boy! Send her our congrats too!!

And I'm loving the Joker story. "Look Joker, it's a picture of you!" had me laughing so hard!! What a hoot!!

chris+amber said...

How exciting for your family. He IS a handsome little guy. It's so fun having a sister with a baby. I love being with my sister & Elliott. I am dying at the random-ness of Colton calling you the Joker. WHERE DID THAT COME FROM?! Toooooo funny!

wylie said...

I miss you dearly!!! Honestly I am sitting here cracking up at the Joker situation. So funny! I am sure you are happy to be in Chicago right now and not shoveling out from under 2 ft. of snow! But Colorado misses you and so do I!