Thursday, April 12, 2012

Happy Easter!

We started out the weekend with our backyard Easter egg hunt. Our neighborhood doesn't do one, for some reason, so to the backyard we go. Evan filled the eggs this year and I think it's safe to say only about half of the candy actually ended up in the eggs.

I'm thinking by next year the egg hunt won't be just a spectator sport for this sweet girl.

I had way too much fun dressing the kids up for church on Sunday. My mom started the ball rolling by sending me Delaney's dress and shoes. Fast forward to a couple days before Easter and I'm frantically picking out matching fabric and sewing (with a lot of help from a friend) the boys' ties to coordinate with Delaney.
I might have lost some of the true meaning of Easter as I'm sitting for the first 20 minutes of church trying to fix Colt's tie. Not my best moment, but there you have it, in the spirit of full disclosure. We have 9 am church and since my plans of being ready for church early failed miserably, we didn't take any pictures until we got home. After three hours of church, there was no amount of bribing that could convince my boys to tuck their shirts in for another second.
I will say it was ridiculously fun getting to dress this little girly up. Love her!

And on a non-Easter related topic, Colton was playing at a friend's house a couple days ago and decided to climb to the very top of their playground and you know...jump off. Because (as he told me later), "It didn't look that high up." After some tears (real ones) and a lot of serious limping around, I decided to call Evan. His comment to me, "He jumped off and landed on his feet? I really need to teach him how to roll." Yes, Evan, because our son's a ninja. PS...the verdict is in and he didn't break his foot.

8 comments:

chanel said...

dying! dyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyying!!! GO PAM! THE cutest lil easter dress there ever was!!!! and that flower and shoes to match?! Are you kidding me?!?! the delaney smile to top it all off! oh my gosh. im in love.

and rebecca anne jones! YOU SEWED TIES!!! they're amazing. way to go! you seriously underestimate your abilities cause you ROCKED those ties! tell me you aren't just a little bit in love with sewing ties now???

running marathons, sewing, dressing up a little girl...how life has changed! Illinois must be good for you. can't imagine what TX would do!!!

chanel said...

and seriously you make me laugh so hard. ninja.
glad he's ok. he's TOUGH!

Genevre said...

Your ties are awesome! Your boys look so chandsome- and Delaney is just so sweet. Sounds like it is only a matter of time until you have some broken bones...I am sure we will have a few soon. Ian jumping over the neighbors 6 ft fence-because it was faster then walking around the yard- had me wondering "when" it will happen not "if"- good luck raising boys!!

Lindsey said...

Sounds like California was fun...and you were in the middle of the ocean?? You must love your children. Delaney looks adorable and so happy! I'm impressed with the sewing, way to go!

Cristy said...

Loved catching up! I finally got a computer yesterday after being without one for months (thank you Hailey for breaking another expensive thing in our house). So many spring adventures for you! It is so good to see you enjoying life and being happy. You deserve it! xoxo

Ladybug said...

Whoa going all Molly Mormon with the tie-sewing, eh? :) I am duly impressed since sewing a button back on is the limit to my skills. The kids look terrific! And I have a hard time remembering the true spirit because I love new clothes & candy as much as the next girl! Delaney looks like she's having a blast and she looks so kissable in her awesome dress, flower & shoes! And the boys look so handsome in their spiffy ties. Way to go you!! Miss you-- especially this weekend! Hope you have a blast w/ your girls next week!!

Ashley said...

Love LOVE these pictures and getting updated on your blog - your kids are getting too big! When will I see them next? July? Ew!!!

But I see you in 3 days - yay!!! So excited to see you and catch up and I could eat Colt, Cade, and Delaney up. Especially the pic of Colt in the stroller at disneyland - so cute!

Love you! Hang in there - you're almost on your vacation!!!

The Piersons said...

Love your ties, I can't believe you made them. you are a rock star! And Delaney's dress is perfect. I sure think you have the cutest kiddos. So fun that we will be in Austin and we can see them when you come to visit!

Have you gone on your girl's trip yet?