Monday, April 30, 2012

Mama's Day(s) Off!

A couple of months ago I got wind of the fact that all my sisters and mom would be in Utah at the same time.  I immediately envisioned them eating amazing meals, going to the spa, basically frolicking through the fields all without me.  Never one to be left out, I decided to buy a plane ticket on a whim and join the fun.  No frolicking without me, thank you very much.  As I looked through the pictures from the weekend (thanks to Ashley, our resident photographer, who actually documented the weekend) I realized we were true to form and ate our way through Provo.  So brace yourself for lots of pics of the Carleton women waiting for our food to arrive. 
  


Oh wait here I am actually eating the food, not waiting for it!

But wait there's more!  After all that yummy food, Ashley talked the sistas into trekking up Y mountain.  Let's pause a moment for confession time.  I lived in Provo for 5 years, have visited a million times and have never hiked Y mountain.  How is this even possible?  This time around, I fixed that.  Before leaving for the hike, I talked to Evan (who's done it a thousand times) and made the mistake of believing him when he said it was an easy peasy hike.  Just a few switchbacks and 20 minutes later I'm there.  Someone failed to mention that the trail went straight up the mountain and on the way down I might fear for my life.  Not to mention the snake we saw.  It was a jungle out there!  We persevered, made it down the mountain with no broken bones, and burned a few calories in the process.


Here we are in Coldstone.  But wait!  We were just there to use the bathrooms.  Promise.  While waiting for Ash to come out of the potty, Heather decided to try on my wedding rings.  Somehow when she was passing them back to me, (cue the slow motion moment) they dropped onto the floor.  No biggie except that we could not find my bling anywhere!

 Seriously 20 minutes of us and every person in Coldstone looking and we found them.  Whew!

After a few days of hanging out, watching chick flicks (hello Zac Efron in The Lucky One!), shopping, going for a jog on the Provo River Trail, hanging with my girl Chanel who happened to be in town at the same time, painting some UGLY pottery, me missing Delaney wondering if she would remember her mama, and some good ole fashion laughs, it was time to head home.

Best part of the airport was getting to see this sweet guy.  I have not seen Gavin since Christmas and loved getting to hug his cute self.  Darn the fact that I live so far away and he doesn't know his Aunt Rebecca like he should! 
 
Thanks to these ladies for letting me crash their Utah plans and come party.  And thanks to my awesome hubby who didn't bat an eye when I decided to buy a plane ticket and leave him with the kiddos for a few days.

5 comments:

Ashley said...

Yay for a fun girls weekend- at heathers lush apartment. That weather was beautiful, and the food was so yummy. It seems like forever ago though. So glad we get to see y'all in less than 3 weeks though. I'm so excited and counting down!!! Love you! (and thanks for updating- I'm just gonna Tell me kids to check out your blog posts for any info of my/their life. Haha

chanel said...

well...this is a start!! ;) i still can't handle how fancy and stylish you are! look at you with a scarf on!! naperville is apparently the fashion capitol of the world and you are being sucked in! still be my friend when i have no dangling earrings or scarfs.
Next time I'm in mormon disneyland i am hiking the Y! hopefully with YOU while we bask in the wonder or women's conference 2013.

Lindsey said...

What a fun time in Utah. I hope you ate Cafe Rio for me. I've been craving it for the past year. You and the girls in your family are beautiful (that includes your mom). The lost ring picture looked like you were all having a laughing attack for a minute. And cheers to Evan for stepping big time while you took some much deserved time off.

Genevre said...

I am so glad you had a break- sounds like a lot of fun. My perfect day would mainly be planned around what and where I ate each meal. Kuddos to Evan- he is awesome to take the kids, but even more awesome to take off work. :)

Julia said...

Your bangs are so cute! Looks like a great weekend with your family..there's nothing better!