Monday, May 14, 2012

One year older


Cade at his preschool graduation this spring
So this cute guy turned four.  And now that we've opened up that big, wide door to birthday parties (apparently once you have one, you never stop having them), Cade ordered up a space birthday for him and some of his buddies.  Let's be honest for a moment and talk about my utter and complete lack of creativity.  Seriously, I'm missing out big time on that gene.  So I told my money saving hubby that if he would be in charge of all things space game related, I would make the cake.  Yes folks, make the cake.  It has been well documented in blog posts of birthdays past, I order the cake and order it well. 


Evan came through on his end of the bargain, including alien pinatas, a rocket launch off, black hole balloon games, and a planet and star scavenger hunt to name a few.

The kids seemed pretty happy with it all.  Well in all reality, Cade doesn't look so happy here.  But it's the best we got so take my word for it he was happy.  It was only fair after all of Evan's hard work, that I come through on my end of our deal.

Bottom line, is it's harder than it looks and this was probably the easiest recipe known to man.  So I know that I'm supposed to love making the cake.  That it should fulfill me.  That I should love tapping into my inherently born mother duty to make my child his birthday cake.  But, when all is said and done I like ordering the cake.  I'm really good at it and I'm not sure I want to mess with a good thing.  But for this guy on his fourth birthday, it was well worth it.  Happy birthday to our wonderfully feisty, funny, sweet Cade!

5 comments:

Cristy said...

Always makes my day reading a blog by you! OK, that is a cake you should be so proud of! And don't fear, I am never full of motherly pride and fun when baking - it's necessity and it usually comes out wrong. :(

I am loving the bangs! You are one sexy mama!

Ashley said...

Your cake rocks!!!!!!!!! Seriously, it looks so awesome, and so tricky to make- how did you do it? I love Cade- and your whole fam. And this blog post was cracking me up!

Genevre said...

Your cake is so cute- and no you shouldn't love making a cake, it helps those of us that do like it make some money :) Cade is so handsome! His little round face needs to be on a billboard or something, so adorable!

Katie said...

That party was the talk of our house for weeks, so you guys clearly did a great job.

The Piersons said...

Sweet, sweet Cade. He is such a cutie!