Friday, May 24, 2013

Disney Dream Vacay Part II

After our cruise was over and we were back on dry land, it just didn't make sense to leave Orlando without giving Disney some more of our money.  We decided to hit up Disneyworld but first things first.  A trip to Hogwarts!  Or Universal Studios, but really I only had eyes for all things Harry Potter.  For those of you who know how near and dear Harry is to me, know how exciting this was.  I love all seven books and have read them more than once or twice...actually I've lost count.  There was a serious pang in my chest when I finished the seventh book for the first time.  I was pretty much ready to pack up, get myself a wand, and fly my broomstick to hang out with Harry and the gang.  There are a few other family members who share this love of mine so to Hogwarts we went!
The whole gang entering Hogsmeade and I was feeling the rush.  Delaney is asleep I think, obviously not as impressed.
In front of the Hogwarts Express.  See how thrilled I was?  Excited enough to get all chummy with a random stranger.
There it is!  Hogwarts Castle...take a moment.
I will say all things in Harry Potter land were really well done.  From the castle (the pictures talk to you!), to butterbeer, to Hogsmeade's shops, to the bathroom where Moaning Myrtle talks to you (really she does!)
Again, Delaney not feeling the excitement.  I think it's safe to say a certain Disney cruise wore the poor girl out.
Okay and truth be told, all the waiting in lines wore my feet out.  But not my spirit!
Heather's hubby, Todd, ended up not being able to go on the cruise because of some interviews that couldn't be rescheduled.  Lucky for us, he flew into Orlando to go theme parking with us.
Seeing as how they haven't read the books yet, the kids were kind of ambivalent about the whole Hogwarts thing.  Fast forward to a few hours later, when we were touring the Marvel comics, aka all things superhero, section of Universal.  They were beside themselves, especially when they got the chance to meet/take pictures with/talk to/high five Spiderman.  For those of you who have daughters, it's akin to meeting a princess.  My boys could not believe their luck and I think had we done nothing else but meet Spiderman, they could have called it a day and gone home.
Day two and we headed over to Disneyworld.  By this point, I think all of us were running on fumes but we bucked up and squeezed in a day at the happiest place on earth.
On the Haunted Mansion ride.  Ash and I have some good memories on this ride as kids.  Funny how 20 years later, things didn't seem quite as scary as I remember.
Cade, excited to see us on the ride.  Promise that's not him shrieking in terror.
Maximizing the stroller's potential.
With Gavin's legs nice and rested, he was nice enough to give Cade a lift.  Truth be told, I was so tired at this point, I might or might not have taken my own ride in the stroller.
Headed home but not before a pic in front of the famous castle.  I think Evan's eyes are closed but this is the best we got and who can blame him for getting some rest when he can. 
I think this pic of Gavin when he got home to Texas about summed up how we all felt after making the two day drive home.  We laughed, ate and played ourselves to exhaustion.  Well worth it if you ask me for such an epic family vacation.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Yay for Hogwarts and Disney World. And remember how good Olive Garden was after? It was so late, and we ordered way too much, but it was so yummy! Man, it was a crazy week - but so worth it! I was hoping you'd post the pic of you running to me at Harry Potter - hahaha. yay for finding the pictures. Yay for you posting everything.

chanel said...

Incredible. I loooooove your enthusiasm!.....
Best quote ever:"but not my spirit"! HAH!!! You're hilarious and wonderful and I don't think going to HP World would be half as fun without YOU, so lets make a plan to go some....day.

The Spiderman pictures are AWESOME! Look how they know that finger thing. Dudes are hardcore. Baylor would probably curtsy with Spiderman. ;(

What a vacation, ya'll know how its done! LOOOVE IT!!!