Monday, May 06, 2013

Cinco!

Cade turned five and true to form, nixed the typical superhero birthday and requested all things snake (sound like his dad at all?)  His actual birthday fell on a Saturday and we had some of his friends over to help us celebrate snake style.  Evan was in his element planning for a reptile birthday while I tried to tackle the cake (ugh).  
 
So my snake cake looked like...well...a worm.  But I get mom points for trying right?  RIGHT??  In keeping things real, I did search high and low for a store that made snake cakes (that didn't cost a million dollars) and no luck.  Lucky for me, Cade didn't seem to care and hopefully when he looks back at his worm (ahem...snake) he feels all warm and fuzzy knowing his mama tried. 
Evan started out the party with an educational video he had prepared on snakes.  Before we saw the African black mamba eat anything and scar the children for life, I announced educational time over and onto games!  
Birthday boy was nice enough to share some pinata time with his little sister.
All in all a successful snake party!
That night Evan was the lucky recipient of date night with Cade.  Red Robin was the dinner place of choice (apparently the only place we eat for birthdays around here) and the boys had a good time.  Here's Cade having a bit of a birthday brain freeze while eating his sundae.  Oh he cracks me up and I love him to pieces.  Happy birthday to our cute, feisty, funny little man!

3 comments:

chanel said...

Ahhhhhhh!!!! YAY!! HAPPY DAY!!! POSTS!!! Im dying to get ot the next one but have to say....
A) SUPER DOOPER CAKE!! I LOOOOVE IT!!! VERY VERY VERY creative!!!!
B) Dalaney's leggings are killing me!! SOOOO CUTE!! HOW BIG IS SHE?!?!? What the what?!?! I keep thinking she's like 6 months old....oh yeah, cause you NEVER send me pictures. Ehem....
and
C) CADE'S hair has gotten so dark! Seriously Rebecca Jones, I am going to need more than twice a year updates! I won't even recognize these darlings pretty soon. He is ADORABLE!!!

You guys are so fun!!! love it!!!

Ashley said...

I adore your backyard - it's so picturesque. Remember when I wanted to mow it so bad, and it was crazy tall! That's how much I love your yard - to mow it on vacation. Whoa.

Worm/snake, who cares - point is you totally did the "mom-wrap-cookie sheet-with-foil-and-make-a-cake". Total points, and I'm so glad you called around first to see if you could have someone make it. I'm all about that. But looks like a cute party! Too bad Gavin couldn't come ;(. Maybe you should move closer and we can fix that ;)

Ladybug said...

Holy Worm Cake Batgirl! Love it!! It's just a fat snake cuz he ate a big dinner. That is so awesome! And Cade's pic of the brain freeze is so perfect-- that's exactly what I thought was going on before I saw the caption. And totally love little D sucking her thumb while Cade beats up the pinata. So classic!