Monday, August 06, 2007

Some Highlights

You gotta love the fact that we get high speed and it's August before I post again. But, to cut myself some slack, it has been a busy past couple of weeks so here are the highlights (and I'm officially the worst picture taker known to man so hopefully I can snag some that others took and post them later):

- Went down to San Antone for a week to see one of my best friends Heather get married. She, of course, looked beautiful and I could not be happier for her. So glad I got to make it to her big day. Side note: could have done without the picture of her and I skiing in her wedding video- she looks cute (she's the bride, that's the point) but I ski about as well as I do anything 'daring.'

- Hung with the fam while down in the great state of TX. We went to a BBQ place and let's be honest, that feels like home to me. Tons of meat, twangy music in the background, corn being the only thing close to a vegetable. Evan struggles with BBQ for the lack of veggies but I blame the Californian in him for that.

- Went to Girls Camp. Somehow, I'm still finding it hard to believe that I'm a leader now at camp. A leader, me? It doesn't feel that long ago that I was at hot, humid Camp Liahona. Me and the daddy longlegs. But here I am, 12 or so years later, with the other leaders rolling my eyes at the drama. Heaven knows I was NEVER part of any young women drama, ever. :)

10 comments:

chanel said...

heaven knows!

i want me some wax paper style bbq in my life!! TX is just calling my name, that state would be very proud of you for converting me, im not saying i'd ever live there, considering the interest the in-laws have there, but i may actually visit now- WITH YOU of course!

Ashley said...

Boring!! I want more pictures!! I miss your buns tons!! =)

Cristy said...

YAY! Another post...

And YOU?! Young Women DRAMA?! N E V E R ! ! :) Avoided it like the plague myself.... ha hahah

Glad you got to go on a fun trip to Texas! Nice to break up life with little trips like that.

Maria said...

Thanks for the updates! I am with your sis though...I want pics:) I am glad you are having fun. Sounds like a busy summer!!

Julia said...

oh gosh i could have written your segment about camp. haha. i only went for one day though. and there is NOTHING like some good BBQ.

Ladybug said...

That bit about the BBQ had me missing some delish stuff we had in DC at Big Bubba's BBQ. What a hoot and a half! My idea of a great meal is frozen mixed veggies with BBQ. There probably isn't much actual "good" left in the frozen veggies but they are colorful and I can wolf them down & feel guilt free with the BBQ!! Miss you lady! I'm excited to go to a family ward and maybe get a calling in Young Women's but can't believe I classify as "leader" age. The gray hairs must be showing!! As always, thanks for making me smile. Love ya!

chanel said...

whoa- look at you putting the links up to the blogs you love! I spied on all of them- what cute friends you have!!! and your sister! Yeah you're related!

chanel said...

why do I check this everyday?

Ryan said...

you're killing me!!!!!!!!

Evan and Rebecca Jones said...

i swear i'll blog this week. my life is just not near as exciting as yours!