Monday, August 20, 2007

A Night at the Zoo


So, for once, you can't blame me for the bad picture. I thought the guy we asked might try to get more of us and less of the umm... metal giraffe, but oh well. Saturday night we went to Evan's company's summer party. It was at the zoo this year. So why are there no pictures of Colt in front of the animals? We coudn't get the kid to turn around and look at the camera. So, I'm guessing, most people would take an artistic profile shot but Evan and I aren't most people when it comes to taking quality photos, so there you have it. One story from the night. After dinner, they had a "Live Animal Demonstration." We're all pumped for Colton - thinking something Sea Worldish and they pull out a ... guinea pig! A guinea pig folks. They said we could even come pet it. Whoa. Thanks, but no thanks. I'll go to my local pet store. On a more positive note, dinner was provided which meant no cooking for me. A bit more exciting than a guinea pig, if you ask me.

8 comments:

chanel said...

That is the CUTEST family picture!!!
And excuse me Miss "I have touched a freakin whale at Sea World", us low lifes who go to the Denver zoo have to live it up with the guinea pigs- whatever!
And you got dinner- yumm- you guys are so lucky!

Ladybug said...

That's such a riot! You're hoping for something exotic and you get a guinea pig. Awesome! I remember one time we went to a petting zoo in San Diego I think and the goat starting eating my t-shirt. I noticed before he actually tore it but it was pretty wacky.
Thanks so much for all the pix! Can't believe how grown up Colt is getting!! Much love to you & Evan!

chris+amber said...

Could they've come up with something a little more exotic than a guinea pig?! Your blog is the only blog that I makes me genuinely laugh outloud. I am so glad you're more of an avid blogger now!

Ashley said...

Y'all look so good in that pic, you especially, I like your hair. I loved, "so there you have it!" That totally sounds like mom! Can I come for Thanksgiving please? Has Evan written Logan yet? Maybe we should wait until it's around the corner....

Cristy said...

A Guinea Pig?!! What a Rip-Off! "Drum roll please... A GUINEA PIG!" Chirp chirp, no one claps.... sweet!

Glad you didn't have to cook though. Seriously, I love family parties, work BBQ, getting togther with friends... but only if it entails me not cooking. Totally understand. =)

Melanie said...

I'm loving this frequent posting! Yeah, you'd think that a zoo would have something a little more interesting than a guinea pig. The petting zoo at the DC zoo is full of horses and cows--I guess they figure that those are strange and exotic animals for city folk!

tabo said...

Guinea pig at a petting zoo--not so cool. Guinea pig at the nearby science museum--lots of potential.

Ashley said...

i know you're on vacation, but I still check this thing everyday for some reason...i want a new post. With Colt pics please!!!