Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Three years and counting ...

Happy Anniversary to my man! You gotta love this picture. I was so stinking happy on my wedding day, I don't think my grin can get any bigger (which is saying something since I am known to have somewhat of a large mouth). It was a great day and what's even better is I love the man even more 3 years later. Seeing as my parents are celebrating their 30th in a few days, 3 years is obviously just the beginning but here's to many more. So in keeping with the "3" theme, here's 3 reasons why I love Evan...

1. He is so good to me. Admittedly, I am feisty, stubborn and have a tendency to think I'm right (in keeping with the Carleton women tradition - just ask my bro-in-law Logan) but Evan puts up with me better than anyone could. He is patient - something you need with me. :)

2. He is strong in the church and loves God. A few days ago, at dinner with our neighbors, they asked us some questions about the church. Evan is such an awesome scriptorian, he could keep up with all of the biblical scriptures our neighbor was asking about.

3. He is a great dad. I think I knew he would be in the first few weeks of our dating. I love how he is so hands on and how Colt is such a daddy's man. Evan's always taking Colton out into the backyard to 'help' him with the yard. Colt's in love with him and so am I.



9 comments:

Julia said...

what a sweet post. happy anniversary!

Ashley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ashley said...

Sorry to call you so early this morning! I was just so excited to wish you Happy Anniversay Day!! I love Evdawg, he's so dang funny and I love how great he and Log get along. I love your blogs, keep them coming. I love you, And I love your pink bedspread as well. =)

Ladybug said...

Happy Anniversary! I'm so glad Evan found such a great lady who can appreciate him for how awesome he is. I love you both and wish you the best anniversary possible. Looks like that work in the yard tuckered both Evan & Colt out. That must have been some small tools Colt was using!! :)
Much, much love to you all and can't wait to see you!!

Kelley Flint said...

Happy Anniversary!! I can't believe it's been three years. That's so exciting. I remember the day you got married. It was a great excuse for me to take a vacation to LA. I'm so glad you're even happier than you were on that day. Evan is a lucky man.

Ryan said...

WHAT I Check this everyday and now I am nuber SIX to comment? Truely you have devoted people in your life. WE LOVE YOU! And we LOVE that its your anniersary!!!! I wish I could have been at your wedding!!!! You guys are so amazing together!!! I LOVE that picture with baby Colt and daddy! How PRECIOUS!!! Gotta get you scrappin!

Cristy said...

I have very few regrets in my life, but one is missing your wedding. Sniff sniff...

You two are an adorable couple. Evan is so perfect for you and exactly what I would have picked for you myself. I am so glad to have a friend who is so happy and making so many good choices in her life!

Happy Anniversary! Here's to a zillion billion more!

chris+amber said...

No way! It doesn't seem like it's been 3 years since you got married. I had soooo much fun at your wedding and am sooo glad I got to go! You & Evan seem so happy! CONGRATS!!!

Julia said...

hey rebecca did you get married in salt lake on aug 14, 2004? (bonnie barrus gurney is here with me and we are looking at your pics and she got married on aug 14, 2004 in SLC...crazy if y'all were there the same day! email me- byujulia@hotmail.com)