Thursday, December 13, 2007

So Sad...

Last Saturday Colton met Santa - for the first time - and was terrified. My mom hates this picture. As the doting Nana that she is, she can't handle Colton's face. Are Evan and I bad parents if we couldn't stop laughing at how much Santa scared him? Maybe. I was prepared for him to not want to sit on Santa's lap, but to be clinging to me, refusing to even look in Santa's direction? I'm thinking that in the next few years, as Colton begins to realize that Santa is the nice man leaving him gifts, this attitude will most likely change.

Some more sad news (though the above could also be labeled as 'funny'). I was taking pictures. Cute ones too. I took all kinds of Colt at Evan's work party (where he 'met' Santa). It snowed a ton the other day so I worked up all of my courage and layered Colton and I up. And I do mean layered. I think we each had 6 layers on. Sure, we were sweating on our way out the door, but this Texan was NOT going to freeze her fanny off. As Colton was running around in the snow and discovering what a delicacy it was to EAT the snow, I'm snapping all kind of pictures. Oh, I was feeling like quite the supermom, capturing my son on camera. Now I realize that most parents have a tendency to regularly document these moments, but work with me here people. To make a long story short, I try to upload these pictures on my computer and there aren't any pictures to upload! And, now the camera is saying it's a bad memory card! Bless my heart! I have no idea how to retrieve any of the pictures so now I'm blogging with the picture that Evan's work took. I guess that's what I get for trying to document Colt's childhood.

On a happier note, 5 days and counting until Ultrasound Day. I'm more convinced than ever that it's a boy. Evan thinks I'm crazy to be feeling so sure, but it's documented here folks. We shall see...

8 comments:

Melanie said...

Well, maybe Colt's fear of Santa is a good starting point to steering him away from the secularism and materialism of Christmas and helping him focus on the holiday's true meaning . . .although he may be a little young for that too. But it's never too early to start in! My brother used to be terrified of Chuck E. Cheese.

I'm totally with you on the layering thing. I like to put on just about everything I own to ensure that I won't be cold. Why do girls like us end up in such cold climates? Ahh, a severe weather alert just popped up on my computer!

Keep trying with the picture taking. If at first you don't succeed . . .

chris+amber said...

Let's have roles reversed...you have NO idea who the heck Santa is...then you meet this big fat white bearded stranger in a red suit...I'd be freaked out too. Halleigh has a similar picture like that when she was 2 years old. Then the next year, I had to peel her off of Santa. She couldn't get enough of him. Can't wait to see next year's pic with Santa & Colt. You better post THE DAY you find out what you're having. Oh, and sorry about the pictures of the snow & Evan's work. We all have a love/hate relationship with technology.

Ashley said...

So sad about the camera, really! Super big points to post twice in the same month! haha. j/k.

Poor Colt & Santa..I guess I'll need all of his Santa gifts then...since I'm not getting any....haha.

Kelley Flint said...

Oh, poor Colt. He does look terrified. But I'd take mom over Santa any day.
I can't wait to hear what you guys are having. I'm excited for you.

Marshall said...

Well, I don't blame him for being scared!
I was 'afraid' of Santa until I was an adult... I think the first time I actually sat on his lap, I was engaged to Marshall... pretty pathetic, huh?
We are so excited to find out what you are having!!! Two boys would keep you busy, but would be a lot of fun!

The Piersons said...

Rebecca, that is so sad. I am so sorry you lost those pictures. I have to disagree with Pam on the picture, I think it is adorable. He will love to look at it later. Just think when he brings his girlfriend home someday you can show her this picture.

I'm dying to know what you are going to have!!

Are y'all going to San Antonio for Christmas?

Anonymous said...

I'm sure Colton will quickly change his mind as soon as he sees how fun Santa really is...that's what I'm hoping for Lucy, anyway! :-D

Can't wait to hear what you're having- that's definitely one of the best doc appts!!

Cristy said...

OH no! Sorry about the camera! That is the worst! I'm sorry, but I am totally laughing at Colton though! I love those moments as parents when you know you shouldn't be laughing, which only makes you laugh harder....