Tuesday, December 18, 2007

The Verdict

Evan should never underestimate a mother's instinct...it's a boy! So yeah, yeah, I thought it was a boy but really I had a 50/50 chance. This ultrasound was so different from Colton's. Colton wasn't moving, kept his legs firmly together and wouldn't even assure his mother that he had a left arm. Fast forward 2 years and we've got Baby Boy #2 who was such an active little guy. We knew what he was within the first 5 minutes. It's funny because the ultrasound tech didn't even have to tell us. She was measuring the thigh bone and Evan and I both saw something "extra" between the legs and said, "We've seen that before..."

I love this ultrasound and getting a glimpse of the tiny baby growing. This might sound silly but when I see them on the ultrasound, I fall even more in love. I can't wait to get him here. It's such a blessing that he's so healthy and had all his fingers and toes. He was waving (though he didn't technically know it was waving), grabbing his toes, and making me all around nervous that he was going to come out ready to go. I'll admit that a part of me is worried about being a "boy" mom. I'm one of the girliest girls I know. Can I handle the bugs, the mud, the blood? I guess we'll find out...

11 comments:

Ashley said...

Oh you're great with Colt..and you've got Evan to help with the nasty boy things! I'm so excited for you! I can't wait to get my hands on this little guy, Sawyer if you will, either! He's going to be adorable. And I'm not being biast here. There's no way you and Evan could make ugly kids....now Log and I on the other hand...that's a recipe for disaster!! haha.

Can't wait to see you in 2 days...!! Love ya.

Melanie said...

Congratulations! How cute--two little boys. You'll be a great boy mom!

The Piersons said...

Congratulations! I am so happy for you. You will be a great boy mom. :)

Cristy said...

OH MY GOSH!!!! Congrats! I always wanted two boys together. They always end up being the best of friends. And keeping up with them is like an exercise routine all built in! No gym pass needed! ;)

I love getting the first ultrasound. It just makes it so REAL!

Genevre said...

Congrats! I am so excited it is a boy. Dont' worry you don't have to like worms and dirty...that is when you say "Gross! Go show Dad." And now the boys can get in trouble together!

Ladybug said...

Congratulations!!Can't wait to meet this dude. It's so cool to see elements of personality even at that age. Just like John the Baptist, eh? Leaping in the womb!!
And although I've said it before, I'll post it here for all the world: You already are a great boy's mom. You will teach them how to be such gentleman that the ladies will feel so blessed to know them!!
Love ya! Travel safely & Merry Christmas!

chris+amber said...

CONGRATS! It'll be so nice to have two boys together! Something new for your side of the family...more than one boy! Evan will show you the ropes of having more than one boy in the family. FUN FUN FUN! So glad to hear he's healthy!

Lindsay said...

Yeah! Having two boys is great! I love it...expecially when I dress them the same. Who says you can't dress up boys! It will be a blast! Get ready for a bunch of craziness!

Kelley Flint said...

I'm so excited for you. This is great news. Colt will love having a little brother to play with. Hope you had a great Christmas in Texas.

Anonymous said...

Congrats. I'll never be a boy mom... we have decided that three is it for us. It's still weird to have us all be moms. I swear we were just going on road trips and prom just a few months ago. Boy, does time fly. It's great to catch up on here.

Julia said...

i don't think i ever commented on this...CONGRATS that it's another healthy little boy! i always wanted a house full of boys. how great that the boys will be close in age...talk about a built-in best friend. and thanks for the card!!! i was flattered you thought of us. :)