Monday, January 14, 2008

Happy Birthday to my boys!

I've been taking a break from the internet in general, but I'm back ... again. And yet again, we have another pictureless post! We're still having technical difficulties with our memory card that has all of Colt's birthday pictures on it. Evan's one birthday picture is on our other memory card now resting comfortably in his friend's car ... in California. Long story.

So I'm wishing the boys in my life a belated happy birthday and will post pictures (at least of Colt) soon. We celebrated Colton's 2nd on December 28th and even though it's cliche, I can't believe he's two! I'm slowly coming to the realization that he's actually not my baby boy anymore - he's huge. Hence, why I'm doing this again so I have a little boy who actually wants to cuddle with me (or has to really since he can't lift his head).

Happy 28th to my man. He's so low maintenance with stuff like this, it's easy for me to get away with murder. But since it was a Saturday I wanted to do something special. I'd asked him what he really wanted and he said to go skiing with me. Lucky for me, I'm pregnant - I'm thinking of getting pregnant every winter just so I don't have to go ski with the man. But that would mean a LOT of kids so ... instead I took him "Indoor Skydiving." The man's already been bungee jumping, "outdoor" skydiving and everything else life threatening, but I wanted him to have some fun. It seems he did and I think I scored some serious points. Evan's the best kind of guy - really. I'm so lucky to have him and I'm hoping he knows this. If "indoor skydiving" didn't show him that, I'm hoping my fajita dinner did. Unfortunately for me, he loves to eat my meals as opposed to going out to eat. But for him and only him, it's worth it to me.

And a quick side note. For those who remember the great "Girl Scout cookie hunt" of 2007, we had a most welcome visitor come to our door on Saturday. I think I scared the little 8 year old girl scout when I opened the door and shouted excitedly, "You came!" I also think it was the easiest sell of her life. I bought 5 boxes and debated telling Evan - more for the fact of having to share them as opposed to the whole budget thing. I didn't think 5 boxes was that many (have you tasted the samoas?) but Evan's face seemed to say differently. Thank goodness I had the serious points left over from his birthday.

12 comments:

Melanie said...

Reba I love your posts! What exactly is indoor skydiving?

I totally agree-five boxes of girl scout cookies is nothing; I wouldn't want to share either.

Ladybug said...

I'm clueless and need an explanation too for indoor skydiving. You did pick something guaranteed to please though. :) Sounds dangerous so it sounds like something he'd like.
Five boxes can't be too much on the cookies. And as for sharing, I don't think so. I'd need at least 10 boxes to even contemplate that! Miss you babe and love to read your posts!!

Julia said...

haha this was a fun post to read. i had no clue that girl scouts were selling yet..man they better stop here! 5 boxes sounds good to me..and i don't even have the pregnancy excuse. and way to go with the indoor sky diving birthday...major points!

Erin said...

Hey Im glad you blog stalked me! What a nice wife, indoor skydiving, Wow I bet Evan loved that! I use to be way more adventerous, but now as a mom I actually have a reason not to endanger my life....not that indoor skydiving is life threatning.

I'm adding you to my friends list -
okay
Erin

Natalie N said...

So fun to catch up on the Joneses! Thanks for letting me know about your blog. You are hilarious as ever. Your sense of humor shines through your writing and makes me miss you lots. Little Colt is a doll, and congrats on expecting another little boy. I bet your mom is so excited to have grandkids! Tell her hi for me when you have a sec. Oh yeah, tell Evan that Tyler says hi too!
Thanks for keeping in touch.

Ashley said...

We've got so many pics of Colt on our camera, let me know if you want me to send them!!

I dreamt you had your baby last night, along with Adam getting engaged, and I was excited b/c I had so much to post about..haha!!

Oh i started laughing at the girl scout comment, I can totally see you getting all excited too. I just found out they were selling on the radio this morning, that and it's 6 degrees outside!! 6 Rebecca!! I'm not made for this weather.

Ooh, & how much are they a box? I have to go to hunt them down too since girlscouts don't roam the apt. complexes, and especially ours, which looks old, gross, and scary from the outside. Even I get nervous when I walk in..HA!

When are you getting your plane tickets?

Yeah, maybe you should just call me!!

Love you.

Christine said...

Hey...December 28th, eh? Do you know who else was born that day..none other than...ME! Yep - that's right. So, now that you know that Colt and I have the same b-day...you best never forget! :) ha.
oh....and girl scout cookies! uh..YUM! Eat some for me! :)

The Piersons said...

I can't believe he's 2 either, the last time I saw him he was so tiny. I want to come and see you again after you have your next baby. Well after everything calms down.

I read on Ashley's blog that Adam is engaged!! Oh my gosh that is so exciting. I bet you guys are so happy.

Yes you are an amazing wife, you deserve every cookie in those 5 boxes.

chris+amber said...

I remember your Girl Scout Cookie story from last year very well. This year's story is just as funny! LOL...I have no idea what indoor skydiving is either, but it sounds like it made Evan very happy! HAPPY BELATED BDAY, Jones Boys!

Ryan said...

miss popularity! Whoa! Im your 10th comment! See you are sooo loved! What would we do without your posts??? I gave in and bought a few boxes myself today- even if I have to save them til April- by golly Im eating me some somaos!!!

Anonymous said...

I forgot Evan's birthday was so close to Colt's - sounds like you did a great job planning for Evan. I can't wait to see some pics of Colt.

What a lucky girl scout who came to your door! I just got an email from a friend who has a daughter selling them. I'll definitely be buying some!

Cristy said...

I love it when you post....

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BOYS! Colt is TWO! Yea! Evan is, well, probably OLD! Yea!

Way to go wifey with the skydiving thing! I'm sure that makes up for all those pregnant moments the guys love...

As for girl scout cookies, no sharing! They totally package them so that they have to put less cookies in, total rip off, but yet, we still buy em cause they are o so yummy!