Monday, February 04, 2008

Pictures (Finally!)

I'm guessing that most of y'all are wondering if I really have ever taken a picture of my son. Here's my proof that we did document his 2nd birthday. If it seems a little over indulgent with how many pictures I posted - remember that I am trying to prove a point that I will take a picture every now and again. Oh and funny story on this cake. I was not a crafty mom and went for the whole ordering Colt's cake. That's just my style I guess. Well the best was when I told Evan that the cake cost $80 but Colt only "turns 2 once." That was such a priceless exchange (priceless for me, heart stopping for Evan). In fairness, the cake I did want really did cost $80 but I do have a little money sense. The relief that came over Evan when I said it was only $17 was unparalleled, I'm sure.
Blowing out the candles with Nana...








I'm loving the blue mustache.




The loot ... notice Colt's hand reaching for a present.




One of the favorites. He is loving anything to do with a truck - I should broaden that to anything with wheels.

11 comments:

Kelley Flint said...

That is such a cute cake. Totally worth the money spent. Colt sure is growing up quickly. I can't believe he's already 2.

chanel said...

Soooo CUTE!! I am sorry I give you such a hard time about taking picts, he is just so dang cute, nobody can get enough!

What a fun Elmo party! So sad we'll never get to celebrate with "y'all"

Melanie said...

Colton is getting so BIG!

The cake is very cute and worth every penny of $17. What in the world was on the $80 cake?

Lindsay said...

Very cute! Wait till he turns three and has an opinion about what he wants for his birthday! Will named everything any of his friends have that he didn't! Where are the pictures of you?

Julia said...

VERY cute! gosh what a good looking kid. love the pictures...keep 'em coming!

Ashley said...

oh i miss him. I was just watching the videos i took of him over thanksgiving. And I missing some of that cake...it sounds really good right now! =).

This post went by way too fast..keep them coming. I can't wait to see his new room!

The Piersons said...

I was so excited to see so many pictures. He is so handsome. Y'all need to hurry and move to Texas so we'll be closer.

Also I loved, loved, loved the fake price on the cake story. Oh man, I can only imagine Aaron's face if I had done that to him...priceless, Rebecca, priceless.

Genevre said...

Rebecca, you are the perfect wife for Evan...I am going to have to try the 80$ cake on Chris! It is great to see pictures of Colton!

chris+amber said...

I love the Elmo wrapping. Perfect! Seriously...whoever spends $80 for a 2 year old's bday is ridiculous. I wanna know what was so dang special about that cake?

Jordan and Jodi said...

Hey Rebecca- I just starting Blogging and yesterday I saw tons of old friends who also blog. How are things? My email: jmneeley@juno.com and my blog is http://mcdofamily.blogspot.com/
I just started a few days ago so I am just getting use to all the cool things that can be done. Hope to hear from you soon.
Love
Jodi

Cristy said...

Ah! Nice cake! This was the first year I have made Will's cake (1 out of 4 ain't bad.. right?) Who cares, they just mash it all over their face anyways... By the way, I'm back! ;)