Tuesday, March 25, 2008

What we've been up to...



Has it really been a month since I last posted? I have to thank Chanel for these pictures, seeing as how she is documenting Colt's childhood for me. My mom is beside herself with gratitude. We crashed the neighboring neighborhood's Easter egg hunt on Saturday morning. I saw our Bishop there and couldn't stop myself from rambling on that I didn't belong there and was crashing the party. Maybe there's just something about the man that elicits confessions - I certainly couldn't keep my mouth shut. Embarrassing. Here's Colt ducking behind the starting line before it was time. I thought my dad would like the hat - we're teaching him young (and I love how he has to wear it backwards because that's how his dad does it).

I got Colt to pick up the eggs by telling him we were playing "Clean Up." I thought I was being pretty clever. Hey - it worked.







This last picture is of Colt at swim lessons with Chanel's little girl Lauren. Stinking cute. The class goes until I'm 3 weeks away from delivery. Hopefully the baby stays put - a poolside delivery is not what I have in mind.

My mom and sister came into town and it was so nice to have 4 extra (and willing) arms to help out. With the extra help, Evan and I were able to go out to a Denver Nuggets game and I lovingly gave him my hot dog that came with the ticket. Pretty much I hate hot dogs but I felt giving all the same.
We've also been going through a new phase (hopefully it's a phase). Colt can't get through the day without pulling off his pants and saying the whole time, "Pants Off!" While it's not such a problem at home, in public it gets to be a little embarrassing. Especially because Evan and I are firm believers in wearing pants. Thankfully, it's warming up so luckily for me it's simply a fashion preference and not a health hazard.

13 comments:

chanel said...

LOVELY is right!

And a poolside delivery would freakin ROCK! Whatever it takes for me to be there- Im all for! Sorry Ev!
And actually that might not be very enjoyable for you, but again its all about me getting to see you deliver. Remember I am the documentarian here.

LOVE YA!

Melanie said...

Good to hear about what you've been up to. I say let Colton be uninhibited about his body and not wearing clothes for a little while . . .as long as he grows out of it before he becomes a teenager. That could be problematic!

chris+amber said...

Oh my sweet heavens...that is HILARIOUS about Colt being obsessed w/ taking off his pants. SUCH A BOY! This post was quite entertaining to read, as usual. You have mad writing skillz, I tell ya.

Ashley said...

Oh my post with tons of pictures!!!! I'm loving it! Now I just need a pic of your belly......Chanel? Anyone?

Are you sad mom and heather are gone yet? Walmart runs just aren't the same I bet! =).

Love you.

Cristy said...

Yay! I almost crashed another neighborhoods party too, but then decided I should keep the sugar rushes to a minimum!

So fun to have the Carleton women there! I wanna visit!!!!!! But, yea, you have that baby! Maybe next year...

I will try and call next week sometime. My family is here right now and after I sleep a few days to recover, I will give you a ring!

chanel said...

Ashley, check!

Julia said...

oh gosh the picture of them holding hands at the pool is soo cute. love the backwards BYU hat too. little colton is one good looking kid.

Rach said...

Colton is getting so big- I guess I just assume he's the same size as the last time I saw him. He's a little boy! What'll be crazy is how big he'll seem to you when you have #2...how are you feeling?

Natalie N said...

Hey Rebecca! Great Easter recap. How come I can totally hear the conversation that you described with your bishop? You are hilarious.

Sounds like your friend Chanel is a true friend! I'm glad she takes pictures for you. Keep 'em coming!

Happy late Easter from us! We think of you often and are so excited for baby #2 to make his debut. Take care!

Bethany said...

Does Colton understand what's happening with the new baby? Doug had an interesting adjustment.

The Piersons said...

I love, love, love that you sacrificed your hot dog! You know you and hot dogs can only make me think of our fabulous baseball night with Spanky and Jason (was that his name? )Good times, good times... Yes we are both so excited for Aaron to graduate!

Maria said...

Ha! Funny story about Colton! Hopefully he will learn to keep his drawers up:) Love hearing your updates!

Genevre said...

Looks like you had so much fun! Aren't holidays so much better with kids! Post some pics of your belly!