Monday, April 14, 2008

Yea for weddings!

I don't know that this has ever happened before but let it be documented that I updated TWICE in one week. I think I'm in a little shock myself. But I did determine that my brother's wedding was blog worthy. So here's a congrats to the happy couple who have now been married a whopping 4 days and are sailing on a cruise ship out in the Carribbean somewhere. I'm so happy for them and it was so much fun to watch Adam beam pretty much the entire day. I always feel such nostalgia at weddings and it's safe to say that I'm still very much satisfied with the choice I made a few years ago. I do love my man.


Cheesiness aside, here we are at the reception. Do we look tired? Oh wait - it's because we were almost asleep on our feet. It was a whirlwind trip to say the least. We flew in Thursday night, wedding on Friday, flew out on Saturday. Colt was tired too - he just tends to manifest it by getting more wired ... and more wired. Awesome huh? This is the most we could contain him for the picture.
Seeing as how this baby will be here in roughly 3 weeks I was a bit nervous traveling so pregnant. Not as nervous as the flight attendants though. On the flight out, I was rubbing my belly as I had a contraction. The flight attendant looked nervously at me and then my belly and then me again, frantically asking, "Are you okay??" I just laughed and said a little too brightly to be believeable, "Of course!" Pretty much we're both thinking: this baby better stay put because she and I both didn't want to become intimately acquainted as I delivered on the plane. Our obedient baby did indeed stay put.
Update: I have successfully finished off the Teddy Grahams and have now moved onto Oreo's Cakesters. This is serious heaven in a box folks. It's a soft oreo! A SOFT oreo people! Run, don't walk, yourself to the store.

18 comments:

Robyn & Aaron said...

Hey girl,
We definitely have to come over and see you guys before the little guy shows up. I can't believe it's already in 3 weeks! I'm so excited for you. Are you delivering at skyridge? We will talk before, but you for sure have to call us when that time comes and we will be there!
And...p.s. I have a home made recipe for oreo cakesters and my sources say the homemade version is exceptionally better. I'll have to send it to you girl.

Ashley said...

OOh, I like the pics! I was in bed last night by 9:30, soo tired. Our trip turned into 14 hours. Whatever happened to non-stop flights? Anyways, the wedding was fun! Now i'm counting down until June! And your nails look dang good in that pic! Mine started chipping away bad yesterday dangit. Teddy Grahams sound good! But I'm not a fan of the cakesters...weird huh?

Cristy said...

Oooooo Cakesters!!!

Adam looks so cute and happy! CONGRATS ADAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And Girl, you are looking so GREAT! (I know I know, every pregnant woman hates to hear that) but I don't even see a belly! Well done! Glad you guys survived, sad that we missed you!

Bethany said...

Cakesters= diet disaster! Yummy!

Your new sis looks so pretty!

Kelley Flint said...

Oh how fun. So exciting for Adam. Gotta love the quick trips -two days of traveling, one day of busy play. It should definitely be the opposite. And so glad that the baby stayed put. Here's to three more weeks. Keep smiling.

Genevre said...

That is so funny about the flight attendant..it was so fun to see you. I just finished an entire box of "grasshopper" cookies...delicious!

Julia said...

Aww..congrats to Adam! They are a great looking couple! Umm and you look GREAT...are you really about to give birth in three weeks? And haven't tried the cakesters yet..I've seen them and wondered about them. And yes I can easily eat a dozen donuts myself too...thank goodness for the pregnancy excuse.

Lindsey said...

What a cute little growing family you have! And how cute do you look! I hope all goes well with delivery :)

The Piersons said...

Thanks for posting pictures of the wedding, they are both glowing, how exciting!! Your family is beautiful, seriously.

I have to agree with Ashley, not a fan of the cakesters. I mean double stuff oreos can always be found in our house but we don't love the cakesters as much.

Hey did you hear about Spanky???

Unknown said...

hmmmmm wow that is shocking! twice in one week!

great pic of you & evan & colt....:o)

Rach said...

How popular are you?! 10 comments already?! Thanks for the post- you look great! (and your nails are really pretty...did you get them done?) I can't wait to see baby boy Jones in 3 (short for me & unfortunately probably extra-long for you) weeks for you. I hope you can at least get some sleep!!

Ladybug said...

Hey, thanks for the double update. You spoil us! :) Adam & wife look so cute & happy together. (See I don't even remember your new sista's name!)
You guys look cute even if you were tired. I still have to send you some of the cute pix I took of Colt. Thanks for sharing!! So fun to be a part of it.
Now I'm craving Oreos! Haven't tried the cakesters... :)

chanel said...

YOU HAVE NAILS???? How did I not see them today? I feel so lucky that I get to see you so much, look at all these people that love you and you're all mine! YAY!

So if ANYONE is getting "intimately acquainted" with you its gonna be me!

Seriously that fam pic is cute and its not fair you are pregannt adn still don't get fat- NOT FAIR!

Your brother is so cute! glad it all worked out so well!

chanel said...

and yes this is great TWO posts in a week, so funny too cause I posted twice just today- one was the class though so that doesn't count right?

chris+amber said...

Congrats to Adam & his new beautiful bride! You can't even tell you're pregnant. Not even in your face! Lucky you. I can't wait to see pictures of the newest member of the Evan Jones clan!

Ashley said...

15 comments? Oh my popularity. If only you'd post more often! Did you get my message last night? Do you feel like I'm stalking you? I hope so! =)

Maria said...

I love seeing new posts! Keep it up..ha! Glad you had fun in Utah...and I Have never tried those cookies and I don't think I will! Can't get hooked to them!

Natalie N said...

YAY for Adam! Tell him that we said congrats too. His wife looks adorable; how fun for you to have another sister! What a fun weekend for you. :)