Monday, January 05, 2009

29

Happy birthday to my main man (well... my only man)! Happy birthday to the man who introduced me to the word "budget" - and we have savings because of it. Happy birthday to the man who washed and folded FOUR loads of laundry for me on Saturday while I spent 3 hours at Wal-mart (I do love that store). To the man who puts up with my many nights of leftovers for dinner or worse (Ramen). To the man who gives me backrubs anytime (and I do mean anytime) he's sitting next to me - and sad to say but I'm a taker, not a giver on those.
Thanks for working so hard for us so that I can have a trip through the Wendy's drive thru every now and again. You're the best husband and father this girl could ask for!
Ps - I'm the idiot who decided to homemake a carrot cake (we're talking about actually grating the carrots) and begin potty training my firstborn on the same day.
Pps - Christmas recap to follow soon.

13 comments:

Katie said...

You've got a good one! Happy Birthday, Evan! (Even though you don't know me.)

Maria said...

Happy Birthday Evan! Good luck with that cake. I am sure it will be fabulous!

chanel said...

so sweet!
yeah after we hung up i thought- wait- she's getting a recipe which means its not boxed carrot cake AND she's potty training. You are such a devoted wife!
Evan works so hard I think you need to spend his money on higher quality fast food than wendy's! :)

Lindsey said...

And you're a very deserving wife.

Genevre said...

Happy Birthday Evan! You are a great guy, hope you had some fun.

Julia said...

One of the cutest birthday posts I've ever read. Happy Birthday Evan!

Cristy said...

Happy Birthday Evan! You're a lucky man to have Rebecca as a wife. Take care of her, or else! ;)

Missy said...

Happy Birthday Evan...man you're getting old :) OK I have to tell you this...I just wrote that thinking I was 28 and I just calculated my age and I'll be 30 this year!! I guess I'm the old one?!?!
I am VERY impressed with the carrot cake...and potty training!! You go girl. See you guys this weekend :)

RAPN! said...

I hope I get an ode like that for my 29th! To think the last year in the 20's...aye caramba! Best of luck and congratulations!

The Piersons said...

Hot picture Evan! And the homemade carrot cake, you are amazing.

Ashley said...

what? a new post, where have i been?? Remember when I called you yesterday...? I remember that too....

Natalie N said...

Happy (late) Birthday from us in Nor Cal, Evan!

Rebecca, this was the greatest post. Sounds like you have tons of reasons for loving your main man. Way to go on the homemade carrot cake and potty training. 2 BIG feats for one day. Go girl!

Jordan and Jodi said...

You crack me up! I love reading your posts! Happy Birthday EVAN! The best part was about the Wendy's drive-through! Ha ha ha