Monday, April 13, 2009

Cruising the Caribbean...Just us two


Last year, about a week after we got our stimulus check in the mail, we decided to do our part and stimulate. So we booked a 7 day cruise to the Caribbean to celebrate our 5 years of togetherness (in August). A HUGE thank you to my parents for taking on our kiddos for over a week. This is us the first night on the cruise, about to go gorge ourselves at dinner. What can I say, you eat more when you don't have a toddler and baby to feed.


Cozumel, Mexico. We headed over in a taxi to a gorgeous beach so Evan could do this all day. Barely saw the man. He is absolutely addicted to snorkeling. I was happy with my fish tacos, book, and the sun shining down on me.


Roatan, Honduras. My absolute favorite day. For those who know me well, know that the ocean and I have issues. Too many sharks, waves, scary unknown things waiting to get me. I LOVED the beach in Honduras. I hung out in the water! I think it was the first time in my life I stayed in the water for more than 30 seconds - it was so warm and clear and wonderful. I absolutely heart Honduras.

The ocean kayaking in Honduras was not one of Evan and I's finer moments. Who argues on a romantic getaway? We do. Apparently, I'm a backseat driver even in a kayak. Granted I was a bit controlling but Evan was either steering us into other kayaks or out to sea. I'd rather not drift out to sea to meet my death thank you very much. As soon as the kayaking was over, the bickering stopped. Problem solved.


So pretty right? (Still Honduras.) We had a great time and it was so good to get to spend so much time with the hubby (kayak adventure and all).

I just got home from spending two weeks at home with my family. Another HUGE thank you to my sis-in-law Valerie for not only getting Colt and I into Sea World, but taking us backstage. You're the best!

As for the lastest news on the move out east, it's a no go. Lest you think that I blog announced it too early, we had the contract signed, a start date, movers scheduled, etc. Three days before Evan was supposed to drive out there, we found out that Evan's would be boss made a pretty big blunder and they didn't have the money to pay for Evan's position out there. Ummm we'd rather not work for free so everything fell through. So, for now, my dreams of fried food and perfecting a southern drawl are on the back burner.

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rebecca, you absolutely crack me up...I love how your humor comes through in your writing too! I'm so glad you guys had fun :)

Lindsey said...

Wow, what a fun anniversary celebration. It looks gorgeous. I guess you're not suppose to be in Tennessee. Funny how something that big changed at the last minute.

Lindsey said...

PS - You look gorgeous.

Ashley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ashley said...

oops, I accidentally erased my comment.
Oh, yea for your pictures! I was going through some serious envy knowing you and Evan were relaxing on a cruise that week!! It feels like forever since Log & I have gone on a vacation - good thing Memorial Day is around the corner - no exceptions you'll be there right?

But really, Evan in his snorkel pic made me laugh - oh he's so funny! And cute cute Colt, I love that kid!!

So I'm of course I'm SO bummed TN didn't pan out - ugh! But I'm still hoping/planning the other option does - I wouldn't know what to do with you so close, and Mom's already talking girls trips in August, when I'm waddling ;). So tell Evan's guy to make it happen, k? Call me ASAP if you hear anything...hopefully this week!

Ladybug said...

Hey, there. Don't you both look cute on vacation! And as always, your commentary gets me smiling and the wrinkles deepening. Colt is such a darling little man. Can't wait to see him & Cade in a little while. Will be great to get to catch up with you too!! Yeehaw!!
Nasty luck on the move but hopefully something better will come around. We're all praying for the best... Love, cj

Berly said...

I want to go - the cold weather is driving me NUTS!! Also, sorry about the no go on the move. I just watched the Hannah Montana Movie with my girls and it made me miss the south. I want to go back sometime - but it will probably not happen. Oh, well -

Missy said...

I am so jealous of those pictures with the water oh so blue!!! While you were gone we got three snow storms and I was thinking about you guys laying in the sun :) We hope that something comes along in the work area for Evan. He is a smart man and something is bound to show up!! For now, we'll enjoy the best neighbors in the world though :) PS we need to do another playdate!!

Jordan and Jodi said...

Pack, and unpack---that's a lot of work. Can't they AT LEAST compensate you for that work? Sorry it didn't work out! Maybe you could work in Honduras or on a cruise ship--those fit you well! :) At least you are missing the SNOW piling its way down here in OREM UTAH right now! I've been talk'n about you the past few days with my husband--remember all our graduation memories--he graduates in 8 days and didn't know what he was getting himself into....I told him he better find a GOOD, funny friend to sit by for the LONG hall! :) Miss ya!

Kelley Flint said...

Love the pictures. So fun to go on a cruise. Glad that you had fun and you conquered your ocean fears. Sad about the move. Hope everything works out as you guys want it to.

Cristy said...

I'm so glad you guys got away! (And by away I mean America and all our craziness.... I wish I could go to a Tea Party right now rrrrrrrr!!!!!)

Anyway, you two are too cute and too hilarious! Rest assured that not a vacation goes by that my hubby and I don't have at least one glorious fight! Thanks for keeping it real for my sanity! I seriously can't handle that everyone's lives look so perfect all the time. Hondurus looks amazing and way to get in the water!

How awesome to go backstage at Seaworld! Great hookup! ;) Hope being home for a bit was great.

WHAT ARE YOU DOING NOW?!

chanel said...

oh man these picts make the cruise/vacation a major NEED for me! HOW FREAKING ADORABLE are you two??? I love how much you love each other, it really shows. the pic of colt rules! he's a doll!!

Julia said...

Oh wow..I can't believe they pulled the rug out from under you when you were so close to leaving! What a crazy thing to happen.

Looks like a great trip! Makes me want to go on another cruise. Right now.

Maria said...

Glad you had fun on your cruise! Loved all of the photos! So what are you doing now? Staying in CO? I need an email girl! If you are still there we are coming at the end of June! Keep me updated!

Jewelle said...

Sounds like a fun cruise. i dream of going on a cruise some day. Holy cow! I would be a little angry at that "would be boss" for doing that to you guys! So what is the plan now? By the way, Texas is great other than my hubby is gone 12 hours a day. I'll write ya an e-mail about it some time.

Valerie and Adam said...

You are so making me want to go on another cruise! About this time last year I WAS on one!

The Piersons said...

Oh my cruise, it looks so beautiful!! I have always wanted to go to Hondurus and now I really, really want to go! I am so glad y'all did that. And two weeks with the family, you have been busy.

Crazy with the move, I mean I guess things work out the way they are supposed to but I was so excited to have you in Tennessee.

Genevre said...

Looks like so much fun...how did you get Evan to use your tax refund for a cruise?!Chris wants to "save" it....I need help.

Natalie N said...

Oh wow! What crazy news about your TN move! Evan was practically minutes away from leaving and everything. WOW. Do keep us posted on how the jobs are coming.

Looks like you had a blast on the cruise though! Tyler is DYING for us to do a cruise someday. I was laughing so hard as I read about your kayak story. Tyler and I went river rafting on our honeymoon and it was practically the same story! :) My paddling just kept us going in circles, so the bickering stopped once we agreed to have just Tyler paddle! His arms were very sore the next day, but the rest of the river trip was a blast as I sat back and enjoyed the show. ha ha.

Anyway, loved the pictures. You two are a darling couple! Miss you, girl!

chris+amber said...

HOW FUN! I cannot believe it's almost been 5 years since you two got married. You look FAB! I cannot believe how last-minute that change was. I'm sure it was pure frustration. Keep us posted! You guys so deserved a vacation!

Katie said...

That looks awesome. I think you should write travel brochures for Honduras because it's on my list of places to go now.