Friday, December 04, 2009

Happy Halloween!

Happy Thanksgiving and Merry Christmas too! Better get it all in there since I tend to not be the best blogger around the holidays. I actually had a goal to get my Halloween pics up before Thanksgiving and well, I think it's time to start setting more realistic goals for myself. So without further ado, our halloween:

I will say I liked Halloween much better this year which is saying something considering my confession last year. Maybe it was the fact that there was double the candy for me to "help" the boys eat with Cade making the trip to the doors this year too. Maybe it was the absolute perfect fall night, complete with leaves crunching under your feet (I love how we have yet to have our first snowfall - YAY!) It was just a really good night with my favorite boys and I think I'm really starting to accept a night dedicated to sugar.


Since this was my first time to try and be creative pretty much ever, I had to document it. The kids had a lot of fun and I had a lot of fun prodding Colton to tell me how much he loved it. And for the adoring aunts out there (and anyone else who wants to take the time) a video:

Oh and an update on my "Joker" status. It seems I've been upgraded to the "Catwoman" lately. I'm just saying. My son refuses to be called anything but Batman. Ever. His preschool teacher told me that they even had to sing the "Hello" song to Batman, not Colton. Hmmmmm. There are worse things and as long as he keeps this whole Catwoman thing up, I'm feeling just fine with the whole superhero thing.

17 comments:

chanel said...

catwoman, i love you! your blog is sooooooo good, why must you torment me and update only every other month??? cade's "melmo" is precious!!! he looks so much like evan!!! holy cow!
thats very funny about the hello song too! man your kids are crack ups!

and you totally put me to shame with your halloween spread!!!! you're amazing woman! definitely deserve the upgrade from joker!!

Ashley said...

oh i could watch this video all day. Can't wait to get my hands on these boys soon! Mom thought you were coming this Monday. If only - I need someone to help me fight off the temptation of all the food mom & dad buy around here - or help me eat it I guess ;).

LOve those boys, love your posts/updates - especially the prodding comments from colton- oh too funny.

Genevre said...

Batman is so much better then Joker, you are a good guy now. I think you should take it as a compliment, you must but just as cool as batman in his eyes. And I love your mummy pizzas! Such a cute idea!

Kerri said...

Get out of town, your food is the coolest (Well, don't REALLY get out of town...you're gone too much!)!!!! You've totally downplayed your creativity and dedication. I've definitely bookmarked this page for next year's plans :)

I'm betting that Colton's unrehearsed video is even BEFORE the sugar (?!)

And I LOVE "Melmo"...he's adorable! We didn't get an elmo/cookie monster pic, did we?

Lindsay said...

Your boys are so cute! Having a girl is fun but I love my boys! Where are you guys now? I can never keep track!

Ladybug said...

Loved the Halloween food-- how cute are you!! And you managed to catch Spiderman without his mask! Your boys are so unbelievably cute!! Thanks for providing me with another "fix" of my darling nephews. Catwoman is definitely an improvement from Joker and oh- when I taught Sunbeams all those years ago, we had to struggle to get the kids to focus on religious things and not Superman or He-Man (yep, that's how long ago it was!!). Love you guys lots!! Keep enjoying the lack of snow!!

The Piersons said...

Count me in the adoring Aunt category because I watched that video two times!! How adorable are those boys, Peter Parker, that Colton is one smart kid.

And loving the catwoman, maybe I can teach Carson to call me that too.

Heathr27 said...

Why are you so gorgeous? And why do I have such cute nepehews that I never get to see? Finals can't get over fast enough before I get to see all ya'll again :)

Cristy said...

Peter Parkwer! I love it! What cutie cute cute kids! And Catwoman? That's gotta be our husbands fantasies anyway... :)

Anonymous said...

I miss you guys!! your boys have grown up WAY too fast all of a sudden... I'm impressed with your food too :) Wish we could see ya'll in Chicago when we come... Darn! Have a Merry Christmas!

Valerie and Adam said...

Oh my, SO adorable! I want one of those!

Katie said...

I heart you and your crafty food. And your adorable boys.

chris+amber said...

what cute boys! i thought colt looked like evan, but WOW cade totally looks like evan. and what a fun mom you are to make those halloween treats. you really are "catwoman". colt cracks me up. i hope you had a good christmas!

Kerri said...

ok...halloween was fun, christmas was great...now time to move on and update more fun things in the life of the Joneses...I mean really, how do you expect us all to keep up with you?

I'm sure you get that joke a lot, but I could not resist!

chanel said...

dear rebecca,
now that i know you get these via email i think i will comment more often to remind you YOU NEED to update. You know you want, you admitted it! NOW DO IT! I want you take pictures of where you live (the neighborhood- random Naperville scenery) so I can see where Im coming, Im soooo excited!!!!

chanel said...

dear rebecca,
now that i know you get these via email i think i will comment more often to remind you YOU NEED to update. You know you want, you admitted it! NOW DO IT! I want you take pictures of where you live (the neighborhood- random Naperville scenery) so I can see where Im coming, Im soooo excited!!!!

Ashley said...

Do you remember when you used to blog?? Yeah, me too. Bytheway, I was reading some comments you left on chanel's blog and I was laughing so hard - you crack me up.