Monday, October 04, 2010

Summer Recap

Summer is no longer in full swing - here in Chicago it's actually over - but I'm back with the post I promised a whopping three months ago. Better late than never right? We had a summer full of fun and travel and more travel and this mama needing a seriously long nap. But push come to shove the kids had the best time of their little lives and here I am to document it (courtesy of all the other picture takers - thanks Gwen, Ash, and Rach!)

While we were in LA we of course took a trip to the beach. Evan, being the Californian that he is, would set up a tent and live on the beach if I weren't so against ... well, the idea of living in a tent. He and the boys spent the day in the sand and surf (the kids actually were pretty wimpy in the actual surf since it's so dang cold) and I stayed far away from the water and its great white sharks. It was Cade's turn to get buried in the sand and here he is waving at the camera since it scared him to think of having his hands buried. Me and my claustrophobic self don't blame him.

After all our playing, it was onto the main event, Evan's sister Julia's wedding. She got married in the LA temple so six years later, Evan and I got to go back to the place where it all began for us. Notice my sunburned legs that seriously match my shirt. It hurts just thinking about it.

Waiting for the bride and groom to arrive.
Evan's fam. Oh and I know that I'm looking taller than the hubby but I swear I'm standing on the step above him.
Celebrating my 29th - one year and counting till the big one.
Colt and his BFF cousin Anna. Is it just me or has Colt never looked happier?
A few days after coming home from California, the kids and I took off to spend the majority of July in Texas. The kids loved getting spoiled by Nana (case in point - the train ride below) and getting donuts with Papa. My kids could not get enough of baby Gavin. They refuse to say his name without the "baby" in front of it. Wonder how Gavin's gonna feel about that when they're all teenagers.
We also got in our annual trip to Sea World, thanks to awesome Aunt Valerie.
After Texas, it was off to Wisconsin to see my friend Rach and stay at her family's cabin. I had yummy food and a good friend to talk to. The boys had frogs, dirt, and a Spiderman life jacket. It was a win/win situation for everyone.
Whew - I think that's it for the Big Summer '10. We're back to real life, Colt started preschool (is he really going to kindergarten next year?), and I'm trying to remember how to cook and clean my house. Now onto my favorite season of the year and its apple/pumpkin desserts in all their glory.

10 comments:

Kerri said...

Wow! Filling in the details of this photo recap sure made your itinerary come alive, more than the checklist of places to visit and people to see. There's no attempt to compete with that summer o fun. Here's helping you through your withdrawals.

Lindsey said...

Yeah for a summer re-cap of you and your busy family! I'm loving this fall weather too.

chanel said...

LOVE this. great post, you did have a lot of fun this summer. my favorite picture ever is Cade in the sand! oh my gosh!!! can he be any cuter???? and you and evan are seriously such a perfect gorgeous couple, so photogenic!
amen to the fall desserts!!!
love ya!

Ashley said...

Yea for a new post & pictures. LOVE the pics. It's fun to see the faces with the stories you tell, I had totally forgotten you went to CA. And I'm loving Gavin's mullet with mom & Cade. Lovely.

Can't wait to see you next month!

RAPN! said...

You're back! Glad life is going well. You should let me know when you are in TX. I am in Austin/San Antonio/Wimberley alot! :)

Anna said...

What a darling family and you are looking as gorgeous as ever. I love the update and seeing your cute pictures.

Ladybug said...

Yeah for a new post! Love the pics and the stories-- of course a spiderman life jacket would be a huge hit! Can't wait to see the kiddos at Christmas-- and you at our Sister Fest!!
lots o' love, me

Cristy said...

Loved the recap! Loved the recap via phone most especially! And your legs in that picture don't look anything but dang sexy girl! (PS, last night I watched not kidding, 4 hours of the biggest loser. I looked REAL good that night brushing my teeth...)

Genevre said...

Yeah for posts! I love hearing about you guys. I can't believe we intruded to your home right in the middle of it all, you are so sweet. I for one think chocolate taste better in the fall/winter then in any other season, yeah for the fall!

Natalie N said...

Loving this update. Or do you look like a supermodel in that picture of you with your 29th bday cake? You look so teeny and beautiful!! Happy VERY belated bday, by the way! :)
xoxo