Thursday, January 27, 2011

When Dad does the laundry

The other night I actually braved the frigid temps and went to a church meeting for the ladies. Miracles do happen! When I got home I noticed the laundry baskets that had been sitting there for awhile (days, weeks, decades, who's counting?) were empty because lo and behold someone decided to fold them. Major thanks to the husband. Only thing is, it's obviously harder to distinguish Colt and Cade's clothes than I thought. I was herding the boys to the car the other morning and this is what I found:

Colt didn't even notice the tight squeeze when getting dressed or you know...the four inches of bare midriff. I'm all for mishaps like these if it means I get a break from the laundry.

Update on the elusive Girl Scout cookies: A girl scout showed up at my mama's door this weekend (apparently they are alive and well and selling up a storm in Texas) and when my mom asked, was told they weren't selling cookies in Illinois. Say what? According to the little scout it was just too cold to sell the cookies here. Say what again? Whatever happened to being prepared? With maybe a coat and scarf? Or even building a fire along the way? Isn't that what scouting is all about? Luckily, my mom bought me 4 boxes of my very own and they're on their way. Bless that woman.

10 comments:

Cristy said...

"Build a fire on the way!!!!" HAhahaha, you just made my day!!!

OK, this post is too funny. Actually, I'm guilty of doing this a couples of times with my girls. Oopsie.

OK, so Jane Eyre. I remember you telling me to read it like a year ago, and I just got around to it. How have I waited 30 years of my life to read this!!! Seriously, might be one of my all time favorite books. Ever.

Lindsey said...

Nice laundry story - pretty funny that Colton didn't even notice.

Girl scouts must be tougher here than in your neck of the woods because they've been out selling them! Good thing your mom has your back.

Ashley said...

Yea - I totally got on to see if you posted, and it's my lucky day! I heart Colton - and his butt crack!

Did Mom tell you she almost opened a box the other night because she wanted one so bad? She didn't though, no worries. But I did.

Just kidding.

Anyways - go grab yourself some coco dreams, for real. Do a taste test yourself. You've been good. You deserve it

And what's up with no Parenthood on Tuesday? State of the Union, schmoonion. I want to know what happens with Haddie drama!!!!

Love you!

Melanie said...

She was totally making that up. How and why would a little girl in Texas no what the heck is going on with the troops in Illinois. Unless she's some super girl scout who wants to be on the girl scout national board or something.

Try this: http://cookielocator.littlebrownie.com/

Kerri said...

AAAAAAAHH HA HA HA!!!

Ladybug said...

Love the picture of Colt & hats off to the dude for doing laundry detail. Mom used to write our initial on the tags to tell our clothes apart but with you it might be C1 and C2. :) And what's up with scouts not being able to brave the weather?? I thought that's what scouting was about?! Teaching you to handle tough conditions. Bunch of pansy little girls!! Glad you got your cookie fix. I'm with Ash though that the Keebler knock offs are pretty darn good. Course I like Diet Dr. Pepper too so take that with a grain o' salt. Must come to visit. How's next week? Just kidding. Maybe April?

Anna said...

I love the grin on Colt's face. Too funny. Now I want a Samoa.

The Piersons said...

I am still laughing at these pictures, that is too funny! I can't believe the cold you live in every day. These past two weeks here I have seriously not left the house unless I HAD to. I don't know how you do it.

I can't believe no girl scout cookies in Illinois, so weird. Let me know if you need more, I see them all the time.

Heathr27 said...

I want four boxes of my own cookies on my way....

Genevre said...

At least Colt is a growing boy. Owen and Ian interchange clothes with no problem. Ian hasn't gained a pound in a year or two. I have seen no girl scouts in Utah either...and aren't we known here for eating sweets? Chris made up for it and bought me fudge to help me through the pain.