Thursday, March 31, 2011

Evening the score

Well, almost. After one canceled appointment, a very modest baby, and an ultrasound tech from heaven, we found out yesterday that a baby girl is joining our family! So as Colton told us in dismay (some serious dismay) after finding out the news, "There are going to be two girls in this family!" Like I said, we're starting to even things out around here. And obviously, Colton forgot that just a few weeks ago he was begging for a sister.

Last week Evan had been out of town for work and after 7 days alone, I was starting a slow meltdown. My light at the end of the tunnel was my ultrasound scheduled for last Friday. Of course, as luck would have it, the office called to cancel on Thursday night. No big deal. What's a few more days? Fast forward to yesterday morning, where after all sorts of poking and prodding, this baby refused to uncross its legs. Apparently, our kids are very prim and proper as Colt did the same thing to us some 5 years ago. More importantly though, things looked good and healthy and I was trying to talk myself into the idea of a "surprise" come August. Then the ultrasound tech suggested I come back after she was done with her appointments for the day, drink a super sized orange juice, and see if we couldn't get the baby to change positions. Best suggestion ever and so nice of the tech to be willing to see me again after she was done for the day. The orange juice did the trick and Baby Girl decided to let her mama know she's on her way. The kids were there with us and that's when Colt decided to loudly announce at least 92 times that he wanted a brother and was it too late to change babies?

Colt has since declared he likes baby boys and girls the same and after I've started detailing plans for her room and necessary wardrobe items, Evan (looking kind of worried) asked me, "Do girls really cost more than boys?"

19 comments:

Lindsey said...

YEAH!!!!!! I've been checking to see what you were having!!! A GIRL!!! I've got clothes for you (but you don't have to tell Evan that). I have lots of 0-3 months that Hadley never wore. They're in a bag ready to come your way! Are you so excited?!

chanel said...

OH MY FREAKING HECK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I AM SOOOOOOO EXCITED I JUST ABSOLUTELY CAN NOT STOP THINKING OF YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!! I talked about you the entire rest of our vacation, I think my family thinks WE'RE having a baby girl! Seriously I tear up every time I think about you holding your DAUGHTER!!!! I am beyond excited!!! My girls are sooooo excited too, they asked if we could come see you when you have the baby. Awwww. WHYYYYYYYYYYYYY are we so far away?!!?

And YES Evan, be afraid, be very afraid. Since I am not a friend of scouting, I have a few extra pennies, that will be going to the friends of baby girls fund- CAN NOT WAIT TO GO SHOPPING FOR YOU!!!!

Colt will be LOOOOVE his sister, its going to be magical, I can just picture him being so sweet, it will be all good.

Oh man, we have to talk!!! Your ultrasound tech is the BEST! YAY! You deserved that special treatment.

So let the celebration BEGIN!!!!!!
happy day!!!

Dave and Katie Anderson said...

Yay for baby girl Jones! You are living proof that the old saying, "three times a charm" is true. Congrats on the healthy baby girl to come in August. And tell Evan that yes, this girl will cost him more! But I truly believe the cost will even out between the Colt's grocery bill and this girl's clothes and accessory bill. :)

Genevre said...

YEA!! I am so excited for you guys. Way to be the same. "The three men" will all have girls this year! Over all I don't think they cost more. Sure thie need more clothes, and accessories, but boys break more things...like computers, and tv's. So far our boys have cost us over $3000 in repairs, so we are excited to have a quiet (hopefully) little lady in the house. Congrats Rebecca! I am so happy you got your little lady!

RAPN! said...

So exciting! Let the shopping begin! Congrats on the baby girl to be. They are lots of fun!

Berly said...

Yay for girls!! Congrats. So exited for your family and for you.

Julia said...

Oh welcome to the world of bows, bracelets, hats, and all things pink. I'm SO excited for you! Congrats! Your kids have such cute names..can't wait to hear what you name her.

Julia said...

wait not sure why i said hats. i just reread that and thought "why did i put that?"..i guess it was subconscious since i'm realizing that hats are the only way i can accessorize my boy. haha. oh it's late at night.

Kelley Flint said...

Congrats. I'm so excited for you. We can experience the world of girls together. And I had a similiar thing happen with our ultrasound, but I had to wait another 10 days to find out.

The Piersons said...

Oh I've just been dying to hear the news and I am SO happy for you guys!! I am so glad that things worked out and you got to find out it was a she, I would've gone crazy not knowing and I'm not even you! :) I can't wait for this little girl to get here. We have so much girl talking to do. :) I am just so happy for you guys. And tell Evan YES, girls cost more, that's what I keep saying at least.

Cristy said...

Yes Evan, they do cost more! That is until your boys are in sports and then they make up for the clothing costs in coaches fees etc. Sigh...

So happy for you! And 7 day buisness trip?! No thank you!

Ashley said...

I was at Target the other day and i let myself wander over to the world of Girls Clothes.

Oh my goodness. Who KNEW that they make the CUTEST THINGS in the girls sections!!!!!!

And after having 5 things in my hands that I ran back to show Mom, I realized I couldn't get them all. Because it was March. So rest assured it is April, we have a new budget, and oh my gravy I have the CUTEST outfits in mind for Delaney. Or Monica. Or Christina (depending on what age Rebecca I'm talking to you - 8 year old or 29 year old).

So So SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO excited for my first "real" niece. But really, I knew it was a girl, so it's about time you realized I was right ;)

Good luck tomorrow - call me after your appt k?

Jewelle said...

Congrats on the girl! They are a lot of fun to dress up. It is kind of like playing dolls again, LOL! Maybe Russ should have a talk with Evan about just how expensive girls are. :)

Kerri said...

You know how i feel about this :)

need I comment?

love it!

Kerri said...

...though i should comment on your blog background...for a girl who has been done with winter since, say, december...time to ditch the snowflakes, wouldn't you say? you're makin' me cold, girl! and with the seventies this weekend...it may be time for a blog makeover.

Heathr27 said...

I AM SOOOO EXCITED!! My first niece!! yeah for baby delaney...whenever she gets here :)

Natalie N said...

WOW!!!!! HOW FUN, you guys!!!! Congrats on baby #3! Oh I hope she is a mini-Rebecca. Heaven knows how fun that would be!!! What great news!!! How many more exclamation points should I use to show my excitement?!!?!?!?!!?!?! :)
xoxo

Heather O said...

How great! So exciting for your baby girl!

chris+amber said...

CONGRATS!!! I am so excited for you to experience the world of PINK! You look so good, Rebecca! Colt's comments crack me up...he must take after his mama! ;o)