Wednesday, July 20, 2011

The Wedding

Last weekend my littlest sis Heather got married. It was also known as the weekend where Baby Girl stayed put and didn't make her mama give birth on the plane. Or worse, have to have Dr. Logan deliver me. Talk about what would have been a truly awkward moment. Yay for small blessings. We flew in about an hour before the rest of my fam so Evan took the boys to watch the planes land so I could put up my already swelling feet. I have to apologize in advance because all of these pics are from Evan's phone. I know you're shocked, but really, is there any other kind for our family?

See palm trees! We really are back in Cali.

After some much needed El Pollo Loco, a trip to the nail salon, and me falling asleep by 10 pm, the big wedding day was here. I had to post this picture. Ashley, wins "Sister of the Year" award for not making me bend down and buckle my own shoes. You rock, Ashley! And what was I thinking with those shoes?!? After about an hour of pure torture, I'd ditched them for flip flops.
Waiting for the blushing bride and groom to make their debut outside of the temple as husband and wife. Nothing like an airplane for an Uncle (especially one who is 6'5").
Colt greeting Aunt Heather with some love.
Gavin, the happiest, most smiley kid on the planet, was not having anything to do with the pictures. So, since it was a wedding and you only take like a picture or two, we pretty much tortured the kid all day.
Me, documenting the baby bump! And trying to smile about it since I pretty much loathe taking pictures by myself. About a month away from delivery here and I'm HUGE! We went in for a 36 week ultrasound and she's already measuring 7 lbs 2 oz! With a head that's not so dainty either. Bless my heart on this delivery. As well as a few other of my extremities.
The family, pretty in pink. Oh and obviously, that cardigan I'm wearing, wasn't maternity.
We hit up the Santa Monica Pier right before our plane left the next day and apparently we'd exhausted Colt so much that it was all I could do to hold that boy up for a picture.
Our version of child labor. No rest for the weary I guess, sorry Colt!
It was a beautiful wedding and we're glad to be home and staying put until this baby gets here (due date in only three weeks, wahoo!) I had real, live contractions last night which motivated me to get off the couch today and wash an outfit or two. We can't wait to meet this little girl!

11 comments:

Ashley said...

Cute post - it makes me miss y'all. And I am an amazing sister. You should make me some cobbler. I do love that cobbler. And yea for not delivering and having Logan see a different side of you - quite literally. That would be so awkward for everyone involved, but Logan I'm sure. It's just science he says....hmmm.

Anyways, so crazy you deliver in 3 weeks! I hope you go earlier - for your sake. And - I'm home from the grocery store now so call me again ;)

chanel said...

ok, this is going to be the LONGEST comment EVER cause I was so excited I just skimmed down for pictures, and HELLO!!!! (Evan's phone takes awesome pictures by the way) CHECK OUT COLTON THE CALIFORNIA STUD!!! Are you kidding me! He looks like a model in that first picture. I am soooooo lucky he's marrying one of my girls!!!!
I love that Heather's colors included PINK! It was all beautiful and really plays well with you having a girl!!
You look absolutely GORGEOUS in that picture by yourself!!! You are such a beautiful woman, and that belly, well I wouldn't call it HUGE, it is perfect pregnant! Honestly, it is the best!! And let me tell you something sister, ain't nobody lookin at your belly when you were wearing that sweater!!! OH.MY.GOSH. I don't think baby girl is going to be running out of milk anytime soon!!!

Ok, enough, Im about to say way more than you want posted in your comments.
I'll just say I about peed my pants laughing at Colton in that beach picture. TOO FUNNY!
You have such a wonderful family!!! I miss you so much!
YAY for 3 weeks, that family is just getting MORE wonderful!

chanel said...

oh and don't think I didn't notice all the PINK polkadots!!! Ahhhhhhhhhhhh! too cute!!! im so excited.

and props to ashley for buckling your shoes!!! hi ash! you guys are my role models for my girls on how to be the best sisters!!!

Kerri said...

:)

You may feel huge, but you don't look it! You look beautimus. :)

So glad to see the pics of your trip :)

Christy said...

You look so stink'n cute!!! I love reading your blog because I love your personality so much and it shines through in your writing. Oh...I miss you.

The Piersons said...

Okay so you look absolutely beautiful in these pictures, I can't believe you are just 3 weeks away!! I am dying for this girl to get here so I can see pictures of her. I am so excited for you, baby girls are seriously the cutest things ever.
What an exciting day for Heather and your family.
And yes, Ashley does win sister of the year, I was just telling Aaron today how great it is to put on shoes again.

Ladybug said...

Yeah for a new post!! Love the pics!! You look terrific even if you feel huge. The boys look so big! Love that they smiled so perfectly in the wedding pictures. I still remember Anna who felt like Gavin at Denise's wedding. :) Hope they induce you soon before she gets too big! We Jones don't stay small for long!
Miss you but hope you are hanging in there!! Give the boys luv from me. Totally want to reach thru the computer and kiss them!

Natalie N said...

Great post, girl! Evan got some great shots with the phone. I can't even tell you how wonderful it was running in to you at the temple that day. WHAT A TREAT. You looked absolutely beautiful, and I swear you had a little nerf ball stuffed up your shirt. Looking way too good for having your 3rd child on the way. AND meeting your precious boys in person was heavenly. They are darling!!

I stopped by the blog to see if there was any news b/c I couldn't remember your exact due date. Can't wait to hear when baby sister comes. Take care! xoxo

Genevre said...

I hope she is here soon. You look amazng by the way- not huge at all. I wish youluck on the delivery- hope it goes well!

chanel said...

ok- im dying over here!!!!! i need PICTURES!!!!!

Cristy said...

So glad you made it to the wedding!!! I honestly thought when I got your message that you had delivered Delaney, that you didn't get to go. So glad I was wrong! Congrats to Heather.