Tuesday, August 16, 2011

She's Here!

Delaney Anne Jones made it safe and sound last Tuesday, August 9th at 11:11 am, weighing in at a whopping 10 lbs 2 oz, 21 inches long. Remember when I said there seemed to be quite a bit of baby inside of me? I wasn't kidding. We absolutely love her to pieces and are so glad she's here.

We decided to go ahead and induce her three days early since the doctors were estimating that if I went full term I'd have to deliver a 9 lb baby. Since I was all sorts of opposed to trying to push out a baby that big, I was thrilled at the thought of getting this baby here sooner than later. My wonderful mom stayed with Colt and Cade the morning of the induction and we headed to the hospital. After the IVs were in and my water was broken, Evan and I hung out waiting for the contractions to start, joking about how this almost felt like a date (except for the hospital gown and all) seeing as how we were chatting it up without any interruptions. That all changed when I started feeling the contractions. Here's how the morning played out:

8:30 am - Felt my 1st contraction

9:15 am - Asking for the epidural (pretty much begging for it because OW those contractions hurt)

10 am - Finally got the epidural

10:45 am - No one has checked me to tell me if I've made any progress since the contractions started, but I'm definitely feeling some serious pressure and maybe I'm ready to push?

11 am - Nurse arrives and confirms that I'm ready to go but I need to hold on till the doctor gets there (easy for her to say right?)

11:11 am - Delaney is here! And thank goodness for the epidural because I have never felt that kind of pressure before or had to push so hard.

The first thing Evan and I said when she got here is, "She's so big!" And she surprised us all weighing in at over 10 lbs. Let's just say I'm grateful we decided to take her sooner than later. Poor baby girl had all sorts of bruising and swelling from her fast delivery, but I was instantly in love and so glad this sweet girl was here. We've had some tears and heartache in trying to get a third baby here and I just feel beyond blessed to have Delaney join our family. And I'm not the only one excited to have her here...




19 comments:

RAPN! said...

Delaney is beautiful! Welcome to the big baby club! My Luke was 10 pounds as well! YIKES! :) Glad everything went well for you. CONGRATS!

RAPN! said...

PS Glad they induced you early too...Luke was three weeks early..one can only imagine giving birth to a bowling ball! LOL

Rach said...

Welcome, Delaney! I've been dying for some pics, so I'm really glad you did a post! She is beautiful! I see a lot of both of you in her. Anyway, congrats- you get a million gold stars for a 10 pounder! Way to go. Can't wait to hear more- enjoy your sweet little girl!

Lindsey said...

Oh, look at that sweet girl. She's a cutie. No wonder Colton and Cade are all smiles. Thank goodness for a fast delivery. What a blessing she is!

chanel said...

FINALLY! She is just too sweet for words!!! Oh, I am so happy for you guys. And look at those beaming big brothers!!! LOVE IT. And she takes a pacifier?!!? She is brilliant, seriously the best baby ever! You deserve, no more tears or heart ache- she was worth the wait. You're own perfect little miracle.
And hello! Has a baby ever looked more like you?? I don't know what those ultra sound pictures were showing, but she is soooo YOU! Although the hospital pic does resemble Evan, what does he think of her??? Can't wait to talk to you!!!
Hope you're doing good- 10 pounds goes down on the record books- you're a champ! I still don't get how you pushed 10+ lbs out in 11 minutes??? You rule.
love ya!

Ashley said...

Yea for new pictures- now I just need to get out there and HOLd HER. And LOVE HER. And hand her back while I go sleep the full night through ;) Remember how nice that was with Gavin? But seriously - I want to hold her! My first, real, niece ;) And you're my hero for pushing out a 10+ pounder. ♥you

Erin said...

Congratulations! She is just darling! You are AMAZING!!! I can't even imagine giving birth to a 10+ pound baby. My biggest was 6.4 lbs, and all three didn't hit 10 lbs. until 3 months!! :)

Hope all is well with you and your beautiful family! Enjoy you baby GIRL!!! :)

Genevre said...

YEAH!!! I am sooo happy for you!! She is beautiful, and her skin looks so soft I wish I could feel it. You also get the gold star award for pushing out that size of a baby- you are women hear you roar!! I couldn't do that. You are amazing- good luck, I am so glad your Mom is there to help, don't let her leave you alone with 32 kids until Delaney is about 5-6 months old.

Ladybug said...

Yeah! Delaney is here!! She was so cute on skype the other day that I'm having a hard time waiting until I can come see her in the flesh!! Glad your labor went quickly with her being so big and hope your recovery is fast so you can enjoy her. Yeah for a girl! Yeah for her big brothers being so cute and proud of her! Can't wait to see if she gets lots of your hair growing. So cute!! Congratulations!!

The Piersons said...

Oh my gosh!! I love her, she is so beautiful. And Rebecca, holy cow, can you say 10 lb baby over and over again!! I am dying here, you are amazing, I can't believe you pushed her out, I would've wimped out. I am so glad that she came so quickly for you, you deserved it for sure.
I love her name, I love how happy your boys are in those pictures. I am just so happy for you and your safe and healthy baby. I want to meet her! She looks so perfect. You better blog again soon because I am dying to see more and hear more about Delaney.

Julia said...

oh my goodness! that was FAST! and she is a beautiful, healthy girl! wow! you are amazing!
the boys look so happy. i hope the transition to three goes better for you than it has for me. :) no it's great just crazy.
congrats! she's beautiful!

Melanie said...

Congratulations! You got your Delaney - I remember you saying you like this name for a daughter about ten years ago.

All good things said...

Congratulations on Delaney's safe/quick arrival! She's beautiful, must take after her mama!

Katie said...

I've been waiting for this post! She is beautiful! Congratulations. I can't wait to get to know her myself.

wylie said...

You got your Delaney! I might try to call you tomorrow! Too soon? I am dying to catch up. Switched phones and your message just popped up a couple of days ago so I didn't even know you had called! Miss you and love you and I am sooooo in love with your baby girl. I am so happy for you! She is lucky to have such an amazing family!

Cristy said...

YAY!!! I am so excited for this baby girl to be here!!! You have a GIRL!!!!!!! It sounds like everything went so well with the delivery: I am thrilled for you! So glad she is big and healthy, way better than the alternative. When am I allowed to call you? Are we past the gracious period I have to wait before I can call someone who's just had a baby? :)

Jewelle said...

Wow I had no idea you were do this soon! Congrats on such a beautiful baby girl! Is she continuing on the Jones red hair? It looks like she has red in some of the pictures. Oh and congrats to you for delivering a 10 lb baby! You are one awesome momma!

Lindsay said...

She is so cute! I can't believe she was so big...you are my hero! (Kate was only 5 pounds!) Please post more pictures!

Natalie N said...

Okay, seriously Rebecca... where on earth where you hiding 10# of baby when I saw you last month?!?!?!!? Unbelievable!!! WAY TO GO!!! Heaven knows you have now probably withered away to nothing since you didn't even have 10# to lose! What the heck. No fair.

I couldn't be happier for you! Delaney is just precious, and her big brothers look so happy and proud! Enjoy these precious newborn days for me!! CONGRATS!!!!!!!