Wednesday, November 09, 2011

Visitors, Part II

A few weeks ago we blessed this little sweetness at church and because of it our house was full of people who love her and her brothers (and I think Evan and I fall in there somewhere too).

My mom had been saving the dress I was blessed in for years on the off chance I had a girl of my own. When it came time to actually find the dress for Delaney to use, it was nowhere to be found. My mom tore her house upside down but no dice. Lucky for me, this is my mom's first granddaughter and the woman had herself some fun getting the outfit together. After seeing the dress Evan told me he was a little confused if Delaney was getting blessed or married. Obviously, the man doesn't appreciate the girlier things of life. Of course, when Evan saw her all dressed up, he melted into a puddle like we knew he would.



Our little family, though the belle of the ball was pretty much done with pictures at this point.


And to make this weekend even better, Chanel showed up for a quick visit from Colorado! It was so great to have her here, get to chat and laugh like old times, and just soak up time with her and two of her cute kiddos. We didn't get any pictures together but she did take this one of me and my sweet girl. I owe her big for all the times she's documented little moments for me and this is no exception.

Lucky for us, tomorrow brings round three of visitors, starting with Evan's sis, Carolynn.

9 comments:

chanel said...

OH MY GOODNESS!! SHE IS BEAUTIFUL!! I LOVE that dress!!! What fun!!!

I love thinking about being there with ya, it is just THE best to be WITH you!!!

Im dying to hear about your lesson!
We'll talk soon!!!

i use too many exclamation points, it's annoying!!!

chanel said...

OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!!!!!
REBECCA ANN JONES!
YOUR BOYS ALL HAVE PINK TIES ON!!!!!!!!
ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!?!?!
THAT IS THE COOLEST BESTEST THING I HAVE EVER SEEN!!!!
IM DYING! DYING!!!!!!!!

Cristy said...

I'm annoyed I don't get to be a visitor. :(

You are all so stinking cute! I can't get over that little girl in that adorable dress. Kiss those cheeks for me!

RandomJonesThoughts said...

Delaney is adorable!

Nolo and Lauren said...

I'm sure you're loving having another female around the house. Pink, pink and more pink.

RAPN! said...

She is beautiful! I love her blessing dress. Congratulations!

Ladybug said...

Thanks for the pictures! She looks so gorgeous in her blessing dress! Wishing I could be back there already! And love the one of you & her together-- so precious!
Can't wait to come back & see y'all again. Thanks for posting pix. Guess I will have to hang on until we can skype again!

Much love!!

Genevre said...

That is the cutest blessing dress. Chris said the same thing about Celeste dress, "is she getting married?"- it is scary how similar they are. You look great too!

Natalie N said...

Precious, precious!! Love the dress! Love that Sister Carleton went to town decorating your gal up. Sooooo fun! What a beautiful family you and Evan make.

xoxo