Thursday, January 05, 2012

Still feeling grateful

For Christmas this year, I told Evan I wanted a minivan. I was joking. Well...mostly. We made the drive down to Texas for Christmas and the thought of three kids plus all the presents, baby gear, and luggage crammed into my five seater car caused me to question my sanity more than once. Good news is we survived the FOUR day car trip and have decided to put traveling for Christmas on hold for the near future.

So, I'm grateful we made it there and back and no one lost their minds. In full disclosure though, the last couple of hours before we got home, Delaney almost did. Poor baby girl was beyond done. She'd spent way too long strapped into her car seat, had a pretty rough cold, and just wanted to be held by her mama. So we pulled over at a gas station while I tried anything and everything to get her to calm down. After she calmed down a bit and we were headed back to the highway, I ran over something. It didn't feel like anything big so I decided to press on. Awesome logic right? By this point though, that was my state of mind. Later that night, as I was checking our messages, there was a message from our credit card company that someone had turned my purse into the Dwight, Illinois police. What?!? It's lost?? Ohhhhhhh. That's what I ran over. Bless that person for turning in my purse! The purse I didn't even realize was gone! Fast forward to me on the phone with the Dwight Police Department trying to figure out if I was going to have to drive all the way back there with my kids in tow to pick up my purse. One of the officers said he didn't live too far away from me and a few hours later, he was at my house with purse in hand. Everything was there. All my money, credit cards, keys, driver's license. So today I'm ridiculously grateful for the wonderful, honest people in this world.


I'm also grateful for this man, who turns 32 today. Happy birthday to the man I love! He makes this life I live possible and I'm so grateful for how hard he works, how supportive he is of me, and how much he loves our family. Delaney seems to be pretty grateful for him too. Just a preview of our great, warm time down in Austin. The weather was beautiful and the company even better. More pics to come of Christmas and a certain SIX year old's birthday. The party is this Saturday. Me and 10 six year olds...wish me luck!

4 comments:

chanel said...

whoa! i missed the purse story yesterday- probably cause you are THE BESTEST friend in the WORLD and let me BLAB forever.

this picture is amazing! She gets PRETTIER AND PRETTIER!!!

happy birthday- EvNog, i believe was what he was last calling himself??? ryan squealed last night when i told him it was evan's birthday.. "snuggiepoodle" i believe he said. nice.

Ladybug said...

That is a beautiful purse story! I love it!! I am so grateful for the person who found it and turned it in and the awesome police officer who brought it to you. Wow! Just when my cynical view of life starts to take over, I hear something like this that really reminds me that people aren't all bad and that Heavenly Father really is watching out for us-- and He especially watches out for awesome moms like you are managing three crazy kiddos! Love ya lots!!

Genevre said...

That is such a funny story about your purse. I would ahve loved to be the car behind you to see it all. Maybe that is the person who turned it in :) Delaney is such a cutie! Good luck on the b day party-you are brave!

Ashley said...

LOVE this pic of Evan and Delaney-pooh. And so glad you got your purse and stuff back! Oh my gosh how stressful and what a nightmare that could've turned into!

Can't wait to see Colt's bday party pics!