Monday, August 13, 2012

Roadtripping, Part II

After our week of fun in San Antone, the kids and I stayed in Austin to hang out while Evan headed to Utah to do a little of this...

Every couple of years, Evan meets up with some of his longtime best buddies to have a "mancation" as he calls it.  They do all sorts of manly things that, though I'm sure Evan would have a blast doing with his ultra daring, thrill seeking wife, are a little more enjoyable with his buddies.  This year included: cliff jumping, jet skiing, rock climbing, water skiing, four wheeling, getting dirty, and since they're all from Cali, saying the word "dude" about a million times (trust me, I've seen the video footage).  So while he was off getting his much needed, well deserved man time on, I stayed in TX with my girls and let the cousins run wild.

This included baths in Nana's tub.  Look at all those cute, white bottoms!

Poor Delaney.  Girlfriend can't take a real bath yet because of her kidney issues, but she had fun watching.

Some serious cousin bonding.  We live so far away that I loved watching my boys get to know and become friends with their awesome cousin, Gavin.

Blue Bell Ice Cream factory tour.  At the end of the tour is free ice cream so needless to say, an enjoyable time had by all.
Since we were in TX, most of the boys' days were spent here.  Nothing says summer like popsicles in the pool and I loved soaking up every bit of it.  After the kiddos were in bed, I spent some quality time hanging with the fam, eating my Tex/Mex, cheering on Team USA.  We left for home the week before school started, with some wonderful summer memories made.  I think I'll go ahead and toss the memories of the drive back.  Thanks to all my family for a great vacation!

4 comments:

Cristy said...

Yay for a fun trip down to Texas! Love that you had the luxury of staying so long and tacking on a trip with your main squeeze. So, when are we doing a girlfriend trip? Not right that the hubs can do that with his old friends. We need to get all the girls together (or just us, whatever). Your kids are too cute. xo

The Piersons said...

Oh I so want to do the Blue Bell tour. I've heard its fun. The next time we drive to Houston we are going to stop.

Please come back, I can't wait to see you guys again and see your boys. And well I miss sweet Delaney.

You and Evan look so fabulous, I love that y'all had a trip just the two of you. And your parents are amazing taking on all the kids so you guys could all get together. Love it!

Genevre said...

I am glad you got some vacation time! Evan was so sweet to listen to the many many things our boys had to tell them. They all think he is a genius and way cool. They still talk about when "uncle Evan" came.

Rach said...

I can't believe I haven't checked blogs in so long and I am just now seeing this. I love the pics. And I am now intrigued about your road trip home...maybe I'll just give you a call so I can hear all about it! :-)