Thursday, August 30, 2012

School is Back


This boy was ready for first grade.  A little nervous too, but mostly ready.  Let's keep things real and say we both were.  Colt absolutely loved having eight hours of his day during kindergarten planned out.  He was on the go all the time and reveled in it.  Fast forward to summertime when Mama doesn't plan out every second of your day and I think it's safe to say we were both frustrated.  So come the first day of school, this boy was ready to take on the world.  Or at least the first grade part of it.

In true mom fashion, when it came time to actually say goodbye to him, I wasn't ready.  It must be in the mom part of my DNA.  When all is said and done, it's hard to let go.  Not kindergarten hard, but still.  You know what I am ready for?  The open mouthed crazy smile to go.  Guess he loved seeing his crazy T-ball picture so much, it's sparked a new fad.

As soon as I was on my way out the door though this boy was focused and ready to get down to business.

The traditional after school cookies.  Since I didn't have a two-week old this year, I baked the requested M&M cookies.  And of course, Delaney was there to beg for her share.

A week later, it was Cade's turn for his first day.  He's going to a Pre-K program at our local presbyterian church which he absolutely loves.  He comes home singing, "He's got the whole world in his hands...." and "This little light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine..." to name a few.  I'm also doing a joy school with five other moms from church twice a week.  I think it's safe to say we have preschool covered this year.

Here he is after his first day.  For the life of me, I could not get him to stop squinting for this pic.  Guess having lived in Chicago for most of his life, he's not all that used to the sun.  Can't believe this boy is going to be in kindergarten next year!  Good thing I have my Delaney girl to keep me company.

No comments: