Thursday, August 16, 2012

Happy birthday to little miss!

While Evan was on his trip, we celebrated our sweet girl's first birthday.  We definitely missed having her daddy around to celebrate, but were lucky enough to have the rest of my fam there ready to party. 

Delaney's first birthday gift was from my dad when he walked in the door from work at 5 pm, which I think is the first time I've ever seen that happen.  Delaney was pretty thrilled about it.


After dinner we broke out the pink cupcakes and seriously, Delaney didn't really know what to do with herself much less the cupcake.  With some serious prodding, she decided to take a test bite. 


And realized that cupcakes were definitely one of the better things in life.  We considered it a success.  Some pizza, cupcakes, presents and Papa home by 5?  Not a bad way to celebrate your first year.


We love our sweet Delaney something fierce.  She is such a happy, content girl who pretty much never complains, unless she's hungry.  I, of course, have no idea where she gets that from.  Her favorite foods are peas, beans, and oranges.  Weird, I know, but true.  And of course anything even remotely in the cupcake family.  She's adored by her brothers, spoiled by her dad, and my little sidekick.  She's been such an easygoing girl I know I've been forever spoiled.  We consider it a true blessing when she joined our family a year ago.  Happy birthday to my girl!

No comments: